• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD HERO Anime Listed With 13 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:01 am Reply with quote
Enough time has passed that they could have made it 24 epi. Maybe a 5th season with that many epi. will happen someday.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:31 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Enough time has passed that they could have made it 24 epi. Maybe a 5th season with that many epi. will happen someday.
The likelihood of that is next to zero if you ask me. 13 eps is a good way for the new studio (Passione) to test the waters for a new DxD anime, without the risk of producing a 24 episode show that may not find an audience, and see how the sales go. If we're lucky and everything goes well, then I think we could hope for another 1 cour season sometime in the future.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quote
This is great news 13 episodes well be enough we might even get that fight from LN8.

Can't wait for Funimation to announce the LE BD set and the potential goodies. I'd say that S5 (Rebirth/War?) is almost guaranteed. Passione is making all the right moves. Hopefully we get 13 more episodes for S5.

S6 and above is going to be tough though. They might need to cut off story (go straight to LN15/16) or have a 25+ episode seasons
Slashman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:32 am Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
The likelihood of that is next to zero if you ask me. 13 eps is a good way for the new studio (Passione) to test the waters for a new DxD anime, without the risk of producing a 24 episode show that may not find an audience, and see how the sales go. If we're lucky and everything goes well, then I think we could hope for another 1 cour season sometime in the future.

You think an ecchi fanservice show that people already like a lot wouldn't find an audience? Really? Have we switched dimensions without my noticing?
TurboDuel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
If you think about it this could actually turn out to be fourteen episodes since each season gets an OVA release. Also I can't wait to watch the rating game against Sairaorg. That fight is going to be awesome.
Storm101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
joe_g7 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

You think an ecchi fanservice show that people already like a lot wouldn't find an audience? Really? Have we switched dimensions without my noticing?

Considering sales for any series usually start tanking after this many seasons and BorN already nearly killed the sales with its mediocre anime-original content, yes.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
"Liking" a show means nill if you're not going to buy the BD/DVDs. It's been 3 years since season 3 and Born didn't do it any favors last time. So no, smartass, we didn't switch any dimensions.
Slashman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:
Slashman wrote:
"Liking" a show means nill if you're not going to buy the BD/DVDs. It's been 3 years since season 3 and Born didn't do it any favors last time. So no, smartass, we didn't switch any dimensions.

DxD would not be the first or last anime to have an off season and continue to get new seasons. It had two solid first seasons and the third was mostly anime original content which no one wanted. If the 4th means a return to form, then I see no reason that it wouldn't do well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1