• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (TV)

Genres: comedy, supernatural
Themes: ecchi

Plot Summary: Kogarashi, a high school boy cursed with misfortune to see ghosts since birth, finds a haunted inn offering rent-free room to anyone able to exorcise a ghost. When the ghost turns out to be an innocent young girl, Kogarashi decides to help her move on rather than purify her. While he works on that, Kogarashi is pulled into the paranormal hijinks of the other residents of the inn and even his new school mates.
----------------------------------

I saw the OVA today and it was pretty silly. All the main girls make their appearances although I think Yuuna was the cutest to watch in her ghostly form.

There was a lot of fan service with the bath scenes and Kogarashi being caught in a very compromising position. He almost kinda reminds me of Rito from To Love Ru. The OVA is uncensored so I'm hoping the TV version will be too.

Expecting a lot of comedic shenanigans from this anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Definitely lots of comedic shenanigans , unfortunately censored. Will have to wait for the BD's I suspect.
SomeHero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
Behold! It would blind American Males from 13 to 53 Twisted Evil Kidding, its funny. I bet her Request is to, erm, cough spoiler[ intercourse]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Haven't really posted about it, but I had been watching it, and have some thoughts that I wonder if anyone else might share. This show feels incredibly dated, like it belongs in the ecchi harem trash of 10 years ago. I don't know if it works as a sort of intro to the genre or something, but I think it is certainly not of the quality of more modern shows, where I would say everyone got bored with the things this show does. Like seriously, he wakes up every morning, accidentally gropes her, she screams and sends him flying. What decade is this from? Certainly not 2018.

This is not me complaining about ecchi, a show I liked quite a lot this season was How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, which is so much more palatable. For one, I am super sick of accidental groping, especially if it is met with the girl screaming and hitting the male character. HNtSaDL has some accidental groping, but at least the female characters don't act like they are being raped from their , which I otherwise points at some weird fetish where we are supposed to like that the female character feels like she is being violated.

I think that Yuuna was an incredibly boring main female character, that I had no interest in following the paper thin personality of good girl, matched with Kogarashi's cliché "I will save you" persona. Where the show progressively pulled things out of its butt in making him super overpowered from past possessions, because his personality really could be predefined before it. Like where are we meant to feel tension after he is apparently unstoppable in beating a god in one hit. But then supposedly bring up that as a weakness he can't fight a girl, so his one weakness is that is so good and a gentleman. But that itself is a problem, it is kind of sexist, that he could not fight the person attacking him and his friends, to save them, just because she happens to be female. Of course that female character joins his harem, becoming the type of character that wants to jump his bones as to produce a strong offspring, because of course that is the value of strong female characters.

Not going to be entirely negative. I actually quite like the ED, I find it really catchy, that I actually get a bit annoyed at the fact that I like it while I am otherwise unimpressed with the show. Which I think maybe goes that there is a workable foundation, that it might have even come across as good if it came out at an earlier time, before so much of it feels so tiered at this point. I don't dislike all of the characters, but I think work could have been done to make them a more interesting part of the show, over the main pair and things that have not become I would describe as coming across as lazy compared to other shows. I give a rating of Weak (3/10), incredibly derivative of things that have come before, and I am not usually the type to complain about that sort of thing, but it bothered me.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I liked some of the moments Yuuna and Kogarashi had together. Particularly the moments where Kogarashi did something kind to Yuuna at the expense of his own public image were pretty sweet. Otherwise it was a fairly generic harem show. Gave it a so-so rating.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1