• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream New Senran Kagura Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaRoss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I must admit, I'm very excited about this. I really enjoy the Senran Kagura franchise, and was not in my wildest dreams expecting an anime continuation. Add in the fact that it's confirmed to be streaming in North America and I'm a very happy fan of the franchise right now (alongside the new game announcements).
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for s2 and 7EVEN
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Funi will get this one as well. I hope so. I thought the cast from the original anime was fun.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Good news everyone! Lol but seriously it’s good to hear that it’s going to be in October even though there’s a lot of good stuff premiering this fall as well, and if Rising of the shield hero gets announced as well I’m done. PS when does the anime take place? I’ve played some of the games so I know at least the new squads added but I don’t know the 2 new girls.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
#DDragonking Most likely an original story, Yumi started in "Shinovi Versus" as the leader of Gessen ( since then she kind of share the place of most important character with Asuka ), Fubuki is from last year's "New Link". The most logicial suite after the first season would have been Shinovi versus then Estival Versus ( not counting the ova ) but seeing that Fubuki will be present the chance are rather low.
Too bad for the Ryōbi/Ryōna arc Anime cry
S0crates

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
#DDragonking Most likely an original story, Yumi started in "Shinovi Versus" as the leader of Gessen ( since then she kind of share the place of most important character with Asuka )

I'd say Yumi is the main protagonist for all the games on Playstation, while Asuka is the protagonist for all the games on Nintendo. The gameplay is also very different from each other.

I also look forward to this. These guys manage to hit the balance between cute, funny and sexy like nobody else! The last game that got you "accidentally spanked on a drum" as a finishing move had me laughing out loud.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:51 pm Reply with quote
S0crates wrote:

I'd say Yumi is the main protagonist for all the games on Playstation,

Only for Shinobi Versus as the Gessen Route is the canonical route. Estival Versus is pretty much centered around Ryobi, Ryona, Renka, Hanabi & Kafafu haven't played Peach Beach Splash so I don't know what the story is there.

S0crates wrote:

while Asuka is the protagonist for all the games on Nintendo.

While sharing the spotlight with Homura
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:44 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Only for Shinobi Versus as the Gessen Route is the canonical route. Estival Versus is pretty much centered around Ryobi, Ryona, Renka, Hanabi & Kafafu

I'm going to need a source before I believe that the Gessen route is the canon route of Shinovi Versus. From what I can ascertain, elements from each route form the whole canon of Shinovi Versus as elements from each route are in present in the follow up Estival Versus.

The closest thing to a protagonist in Estival Versus is Ryobi as her conflict lasts through out the whole game and she gets the most screen time. I'd say that Miyabi and Yumi are tied second place in both relevance and screen time with Asuka as a far third. I don't think the shrine maiden sisters have enough screen time or relevance toward the overall story to be considered as protagonists.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:

I'm going to need a source before I believe that the Gessen route is the canon route of Shinovi Versus. From what I can ascertain, elements from each route form the whole canon of Shinovi Versus as elements from each route are in present in the follow up Estival Versus.

Yumi's grandfather being dead is the big one. I don't recall too many significant elements being retianed from the other routes outside of Ryoki's death and Miyabi's backstory regarding her dead mother.

Spike Terra wrote:

The closest thing to a protagonist in Estival Versus is Ryobi as her conflict lasts through out the whole game and she gets the most screen time. I'd say that Miyabi and Yumi are tied second place in both relevance and screen time with Asuka as a far third. I don't think the shrine maiden sisters have enough screen time or relevance toward the overall story to be considered as protagonists.

Miyabi didn't have much relevance either outside of her interacting with her dead mother and repeatedly jobbing to the point she gets fun of for it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:53 pm Reply with quote
from the way this trailer looks, this season is more or less an adaptation of the video games.

kinda depressing that this series got a new anime series cause of the popularity of its mobile games and ps vita games while IS remains in limbo even though its DMM mobile game is still popular!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1