• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fairy Tail TV Anime Reveals Visual, Confirms October Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
They just have to tidy up that messy second half of the final arc, flesh out the parts Hiro neglected (which they're already pretty good at), and avoid that damn greyscale filter, and I will be content.

Oh, and keep using the old Fairy Tail theme. The last series felt so naked without it.

Last edited by immblueversion on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 pm Reply with quote
So glad that Fairy Tail is getting another anime, And I have no doubt that Funimation will Simuildub this like Fairy Tail Zero. Still better than Black Clover.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how long it'll air for?
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

There are 126 chapters left unadapted, and one episode typically adapts two chapters at a time, with some exceptions. At a minimum, this season will last 63 episodes.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I really loved this series at the beginning but man after the timeskip, this series has seriously went downhill.

I hope the anime tries to fix the final arc but it probably won't
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
I really loved this series at the beginning but man after the timeskip, this series has seriously went downhill.

I doubt a total rewrite will happen, but seeing that the studio knows exactly how it will end, and with no desperation to avoid overtaking the manga anymore, there's ample opportunity to flesh things out and tie it all up more neatly, as the anime usually does. The first 48 episodes of the anime tied closer together than they were in the manga, even though I've heard that any more episodes beyond that were an afterthought.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, hopefully they take advantage of that like they did before. Haven't read outside of obviously not avoiding some spoilers so I don't know what it does or doesn't need so hopefully they get the episode amount they need so as to not have to rush, and maybe even get a little over to flesh out or tighten up anything that might have been thought about like you said.

It's going to be so good to have this back.

immblueversion wrote:
They just have to tidy up that messy second half of the final arc, flesh out the parts Hiro neglected (which they're already pretty good at), and avoid that damn greyscale filter, and I will be content.

Oh, and keep using the old Dragon Slayer theme. The last series felt so naked without it.

Cool. Hopefully they can do that.
I felt like the second half of the Tartaros arc got a little messy in presentation in the anime after a strong start (Vic was a fantastic Mard Geer though), though I think that was also because there were a lot of parts to it with all the characters so spread out since the FT Zero season I liked again all the way through.
Greyscale filter? That reminds me of something that I too need to say one last time lol. On the one hand technically the designs were brought even closer to the manga, but on the other like many I really liked the first series' more sharper color palette and less hazy-looking lighting and especially non-see-through hair, which I think took me longer to get used to than the color change lol. I remember it bugged me on some Erza shots that would have been even more badass had the eyes been hidden for example. To be fair I got used to it and still loved the show (some of the filler in this second series dragged a bit of course), but the art style was a notable change.

The movie progressed the style with a bit more saturated colors and no more see-through hair so I think FT 2018 will pull off a good mix and that image they released looks great. Smile

Yes. Would love to see that track come back or at least get a remix for the new season like some of the others did last time. When they removed the spell circles I feel like we also lost a bit of music buildup time during the spell casting. Another callback I'd enjoy would be a return to at least a little more playing around with the main theme than the second series did. I loved how in the original it would play around with variations on it more in order to smoothly bring things back to it for big moments that called for it, in order to further connect them together. Since I loved the original main theme so much, nothing matches when the slow version of it would come on during something super emotional. The piano version of the 2014 theme didn't have quite the same punch, even though it and the 2014 version of the theme were still really good. I think it can be done without going overboard or losing variety.

Can't wait to hear (I hope and expect) a new Fairy Tail Theme 2018! The 2014 version was great but I still preferred the first one.
Edit: The remix of the first theme for Dragon Cry was really cool to hear.

Hell, anticipating the music in general is definitely one of the biggest things. The soundtracks for this series have been legendary.

immblueversion wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

There are 126 chapters left unadapted, and one episode typically adapts two chapters at a time, with some exceptions. At a minimum, this season will last 63 episodes.

Thanks.

cyberdraco wrote:
So glad that Fairy Tail is getting another anime, And I have no doubt that Funimation will Simuildub this like Fairy Tail Zero. Still better than Black Clover.

Yup, love the dub cast so much, I'll be waiting for the simuldub.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 am; edited 11 times in total
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm in LOVE with that visual; Natsu looks too darn cool!

Granted, I have had my issues with the final half of Fairy Tail, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it animated. Especially the few moments that made me bawl and scream like a baby. spoiler[Like the Juvia/Gray fight and reunion, Lucy's brief reunion with Aquarius, Zera's return and then her and Mavis' reunion, and the deaths of both Mavis and Zeref. And then just the final chapter, because I want to see the animated version of Levy's pregnancy announcement and Gray's admittance of his feelings towards Juvia.]
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this final season can change my opnion about fairy tail...but by the fanbase reactions of the final chapter nd arc, kind of doubting it
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Posts deleted. Don't feed trolls.

HueyLion, next time you troll a thread or abuse another poster, you're on moderation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
-SP-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:

Nah it's equally as bad.
Feli1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:59 pm Reply with quote
A1 is back?! Ohh boi RIP the animation quality anyone with a brain knows that if it ain’t a cash cow like “SAO” cheapass A1 would never bring their A game [/i]
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:

Nah it's equally as bad.

I’m pretty sure when something starts ripping off “FT” and somehow makes it worst then I think is safe to say that yeah it’s worst than it
danpmss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
Soulwarfare wrote:

I doubt a total rewrite will happen, but seeing that the studio knows exactly how it will end, and with no desperation to avoid overtaking the manga anymore, there's ample opportunity to flesh things out and tie it all up more neatly, as the anime usually does. The first 48 episodes of the anime tied closer together than they were in the manga, even though I've heard that any more episodes beyond that were an afterthought.

Problem is, after those actually very good first 50 or so episodes (up to the end of Laxus arc), the story went downhill with deus ex machinas and writing inconsistencies everywhere (later getting worse after the timeskip). That goes for the manga and anime unfortunately. Although the anime got things a little better overall with some tweaks for up to that point, not even those could save the content that came after that.

It would be a miracle to see they fixing that horrible mess of a final arc, but I do hope they at least try.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:16 am Reply with quote
Feli1 wrote:
A1 is back?! Ohh boi RIP the animation quality anyone with a brain knows that if it ain’t a cash cow like “SAO” cheapass A1 would never bring their A game [/i]

I don't know if it's connected to Netflix but Fate/Apocrypha and The 7 Deadly Sins had VERY good quality animation and both were from A-1. Also Darling in the Franxx animation was great but that was connected to Trigger tbf.
I don't know if A-1 is getting better or only tries when it's an action anime but I think they have improved since 5-6 years ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2