• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super English Dub Casts Caulifla, Kale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coolio33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I know it seems safe to assume they’ll play these characters in Super, but you probably shouldn’t be reporting that they ARE, when Sabat, Bennett and Maxwell all specifically said they’re playing the characters in Xenoverse. Hit wasn’t voiced by Aaron Roberts in the show, and I remember when Clifford Chapin was announced as Cabba, people asked if he’d be him in Super and he responded with something like “we’ll see!” So it doesn’t seem like it’s a given.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Coolio33 wrote:
I know it seems safe to assume they’ll play these characters in Super, but you probably shouldn’t be reporting that they ARE, when Sabat, Bennett and Maxwell all specifically said they’re playing the characters in Xenoverse. Hit wasn’t voiced by Aaron Roberts in the show, and I remember when Clifford Chapin was announced as Cabba, people asked if he’d be him in Super and he responded with something like “we’ll see!” So it doesn’t seem like it’s a given.

Agreed. They were able to have Laura Bailey voice Kid Trunks for that game, but due to her schedule she couldn't come back for Super.
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Coolio33 wrote:

I modified the headline to be clearer, but the wording of the article remains the same -- the two actresses are (currently) the English dub voices for these characters. If this changes for the show itself, we will be sure to report as such.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Really hope that those two carry over into Super. I also thought that Dawn would be good for Dragon Ball. If the torture scene in Freedom Planet anything to go by, she definitely has the Lungs for it.
Darkabomination

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Really hope that those two carry over into Super. I also thought that Dawn would be good for Dragon Ball. If the torture scene in Freedom Planet anything to go by, she definitely has the Lungs for it.

Oh yeah, in a livestream, Dawn noted with the experience she has now, the one thing she'd redo for the game would be making the screams even harsher.
Lucky_Deity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Seeing how close the release of this DLC and that we've just got into the Tournament of Power, dub wise now, it's safe to say they'll be carrrying over to Super and they sound perfect as Caulifla and Kale, some of my favourite dub voices for DB characters, especially Caulifla, sounds exactly how I imagined she would and then some.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Not what I expected, but good choices nonetheless Elizabeth Maxwell has been making a name for herself in a lot of different places with her range: Major Kusanagi in the new GitS series and movie, Sae Nijima in P5, Albedo in Overlord, Midnight in MHA, Winter Schnee in RWBY (one of the best actors in the show), and a bunch more.

Dawn M. Bennett has also great range (seriously listen to Frosch and then Nagisa from Hanebado and its like two different actresses) so it will be nice to hear what she will bring to the table for Caulifla, especially when she goes berserk.

Hopefully they will reprise the roles for the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1