• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam NT Anime's English Teaser Video Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gohanangered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
See i don't like how we are suppose to forget about Banagher Links and Audrey Burne. They could have at least wrap that up better like what happens to them later on. Same thing how they didn't quite wrap up stuff from stardust memory. Wish they would fix that so all the UC timeline stuff would relate to each other alittle bit better. Sad
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 am Reply with quote
Gohanangered wrote:
See i don't like how we are suppose to forget about Banagher Links and Audrey Burne. They could have at least wrap that up better like what happens to them later on. Same thing how they didn't quite wrap up stuff from stardust memory. Wish they would fix that so all the UC timeline stuff would relate to each other alittle bit better. Sad
Audrey was actually shown in a different trailer. This is a continuation, just with a mostly different cast.
MadHi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
U.C. 0097, one year after the opening of "Laplace's Box." Despite the revelation of the Universal Century Charter that acknowledges the existence and rights of Newtypes, the framework of the world has not been greatly altered.

Sigh.

It's bad enough they're milking the hell out of the UC timeline's early events instead of expanding the Crossbone Vanguard and AU stories frequently enough (still waiting for Gundam SEED Eternity movie) but they have to start subjecting themselves to mirroring real world prejudices. Anti-Newtype sentiments was never a subject tackled in Gundam prior to (fudging) Unicorn because it never existed in the writers minds and it's way too late to start casually bringing it in now.

I hope 00 and IBO's new movies are the start of more AU anime expansions.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:04 pm Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
Quote:
U.C. 0097, one year after the opening of "Laplace's Box." Despite the revelation of the Universal Century Charter that acknowledges the existence and rights of Newtypes, the framework of the world has not been greatly altered.

Sigh.

It's bad enough they're milking the hell out of the UC timeline's early events instead of expanding the Crossbone Vanguard and AU stories frequently enough (still waiting for Gundam SEED Eternity movie) but they have to start subjecting themselves to mirroring real world prejudices. Anti-Newtype sentiments was never a subject tackled in Gundam prior to (fudging) Unicorn because it never existed in the writers minds and it's way too late to start casually bringing it in now.

I hope 00 and IBO's new movies are the start of more AU anime expansions.

Anti-newtype sentiments has always been a thing in the UC, particularly within the earth federation government. It's just usually addressed more indirectly and as an extention of spacenoid rights. Personally, I don't think it would be too late to address this. In fact, given that the EF is now taking active measures to bury the "newtype myth" (twilight axis novel) it would be the perfect time to address the issue regarding newtypes.

That being said, the synopsis doesn't tell us much about the story other than it will focus on newtypes. So you might be jumping the gun on assuming it will directly address newtype discrimination.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am Reply with quote
This is sounding like the making of a drama that going be ugly and perhaps not as entertaining. Forgetting the Unicorns since they dramatized people? Really?

I love Gundam, but the storyline keeps getting so mucked up. Ever since Federation was converted into bad guys, it's just not as fun to watch sometimes. Sounds like Federation doing damage control socially by trying cover up the New-types stuff. Again.

Sealing both Unicorns into a box, sounds like they borrowed plot from the Gundam Wing Film, where they just that with their Gundams.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1