• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Sets Subtitled, Dubbed Premiere Dates for New Fairy Tail Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, in "not quitting while you're ahead" Land, Fairy Tail gets another adaptation for the final arcs.

I really think the show would've been better off stopping there. The ending gets REALLY bad guys. I mean, even fans think that it's garbage. Hopefully the anime will add in something to make it not so terrible. Fairy Tail's fillers have always been the best thing about it.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I mean, even fans think that it's garbage.

Not so much in Japan, they don't. From what I could tell, the franchise is still successful enough in its home country to warrant a conclusion for the anime. Hell, the manga has a biweekly sequel storyboarded by Mashima.
GMArcturus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
So what's with that stupid 4 week delay on the dub? How hard is it to get on the phone and yell at whatever studio is making the final season and get the episodes over for here for dubbing ASAP? I would threatening to drop the series if I was Funimation because that would certainly cut into the studio's profits.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:16 pm Reply with quote
GMArcturus wrote:
So what's with that stupid 4 week delay on the dub?

Its a stupidly large cast, and two of the main characters live in California. They probably need a little more breathing room to make sure everything runs smoothly.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:27 pm Reply with quote
i would rather wait 4 weeks than to wait 6 months or longer, like Naruto/Boruto and Dragonball fans
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:39 pm Reply with quote
GMArcturus wrote:
So what's with that stupid 4 week delay on the dub? How hard is it to get on the phone and yell at whatever studio is making the final season and get the episodes over for here for dubbing ASAP? I would threatening to drop the series if I was Funimation because that would certainly cut into the studio's profits.

Boy, of all the steaming hot takes I've seen lately, this one is probably the hottest & steamiest.

It's four weeks. It wasn't that long ago that dub fans had to wait upwards of two years or more before the dub came out. Also, your idea of "yelling at the studio" would not only fail at making the dub come out sooner, but would also more than likely result in them not being allowed to license the show at all.

Trust me, kid. A few weeks is nothing at all to wait for. You'll live.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:24 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
GMArcturus wrote:

Boy, of all the steaming hot takes I've seen lately, this one is probably the hottest & steamiest.

It's four weeks. It wasn't that long ago that dub fans had to wait upwards of two years or more before the dub came out. Also, your idea of "yelling at the studio" would not only fail at making the dub come out sooner, but would also more than likely result in them not being allowed to license the show at all.

Also haven't most of the simuldubs started around episode 3 or 4 anyone? It's nothing new.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:11 am Reply with quote
GMArcturus wrote:

Dude, it's not even 4 weeks; it's 3 weeks and 2 days.
Levonr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Are fans these days that spoiled? We dub fans should be thankful we don't always have to wait years as often anymore. Fairy Tail started in 2009, it took 2 years in 2011 before we started to get a dub. Now we're getting a new Fairy Tail dub only a few weeks after it airs and you still complain that its not fast enough?
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
Are fans these days that spoiled? We dub fans should be thankful we don't always have to wait years as often anymore. Fairy Tail started in 2009, it took 2 years in 2011 before we started to get a dub. Now we're getting a new Fairy Tail dub only a few weeks after it airs and you still complain that its not fast enough?

I remember back in the day when all the dirty, unofficial streaming websites that I won't name had "Fairy Tail (dub)" and kept posting the same, terrible fandub. It got to the point that when it was actually dubbed by Funimation, some websites made a separate category that said "Fairy Tail (Official Dub)." Those were weird times.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:21 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Levonr wrote:

I remember back in the day when all the dirty, unofficial streaming websites that I won't name had "Fairy Tail (dub)" and kept posting the same, terrible fandub. It got to the point that when it was actually dubbed by Funimation, some websites made a separate category that said "Fairy Tail (Official Dub)." Those were weird times.

Was it an actual fandub or the animax dub (which was pretty terrible)? Because I can remember people complaining about the voices being changed in the Oracion Seis arc. Turns out they were watching the animax dub because Funi hadn't announced that they got the rest of FT yet.
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Nah. It was a fandub. Back in the day, I saw the youtube channel with the fandub and heard the dub on the pirating site. Identical. Not similar.
GMArcturus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
GMArcturus wrote:

Also haven't most of the simuldubs started around episode 3 or 4 anyone? It's nothing new.

Hmm, Simuldub, (n.) def: a airing of a show that happens at the same time in the original country and it's foreign partners.

How in the bloody hell does that definition correlate with the English dub starting 4 weeks (stop being pedantic, 3 weeks and 2 days late may as well be 4 weeks late, jackass) late?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 am Reply with quote
GMArcturus wrote:

Hmm, Simuldub, (n.) def: a airing of a show that happens at the same time in the original country and it's foreign partners.

How in the bloody hell does that definition correlate with the English dub starting 4 weeks (stop being pedantic, 3 weeks and 2 days late may as well be 4 weeks late, jackass) late?

Is that a real definition or you just make it up?

Also really sounds like your making rocky mountains out of a molehill here. It's not that serious. Just be glad we're getting it at all.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, all the work that goes into a dub is happening while the show is airing and not months or years after it is over. So, it still technically counts as a simuldub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1