• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Saint Young Men Net Series Debuts on October 18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhora

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:05 am Reply with quote
Oh, I so want this! Netflix?
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Anyway, it's been a long time since I last have heard of this manga. What is everyone's thoughts on it? It is a good story with an interesting/meaningful theme to it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
^ Not unless they do not catch wind of this (especially being this upcoming show seems to be only broadcasting in Japan for now).

Anyway, it's been a long time since I last have heard of this manga. What is everyone's thoughts on it? It is a good story with an interesting/meaningful theme to it?

It's an iyashikei/healing slice of life about the daily lives of Buddha and Jesus if they happened to be roommates in modern day. Very light comedy and mostly wholesome interactions. I think it's good for what it is, if that's what you're in the mood for.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read the manga, but I highly recommend the anime, esp. the movie. It's sweet and funny and would charm the socks off anyone open-minded enough not to automatically view it as sacrilege. Best thing ever: Christmas in Japan.

I feel like I saw a clip or trailer for the live action, and it didn't seem very funny. It just seemed to lack the gentle charisma of the anime.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Post and reply deleted. Please don't taunt people of religious persuasion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
gaptoothsailor wrote:

It's an iyashikei/healing slice of life about the daily lives of Buddha and Jesus if they happened to be roommates in modern day. Very light comedy and mostly wholesome interactions. I think it's good for what it is, if that's what you're in the mood for.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
I haven't read the manga, but I highly recommend the anime, esp. the movie. It's sweet and funny and would charm the socks off anyone open-minded enough not to automatically view it as sacrilege. Best thing ever: Christmas in Japan.

Sorry for the late response you two. I think I would add this story to be reading list. Thanks for answering the question. Smile Also, I think this might have been the first time I have heard of the term iyashikei, but from looking up the term I find it interesting and neat that there are manga/anime that exist for the purpose of healing. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1