• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Suspends Annual Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:52 pm Reply with quote
This makes sense. One reason is probably related to how they likely can't make a new anime from scratch for a while and thus won't need any new material any time soon. But then of course the motive of the arsonist was related to the contest so it's a pretty sensitive thing right now.

I expected the event to be canceled entirely but I'm glad it's not. I can't imagine the mood of such an event so soon will be very happy, though.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Should still hold the fan event. Use it as a time to hear testimonials from fans and give fans a space to drop off and write/post tributes, as well as for the company to highlight recent and ongoing works of the studio. November will be several months passed as well. In the words of that famous timeless JPN song, Life Goes On umarekawari .
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I surprised they didn't cancel the contest entirely since, it is highly the nut job submitted an entry into the contest and then got rejected. this is why we can't have nice things unfortunately.

There is no way with everything going on with them that they have the time and energy to go adding more projects onto their plate.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't realized they were even holding the contest again so I think it is perfectly understandable to take time off.

My heart leaps every time I see any news with KyoAni's name now. I hope the survivors can be stabilized/discharged and everyone can heal in whatever ways are best for them.
Luigithemetal64

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I read there is going to be a typhoon. So that's one of the reasons why Kyoto Animation had to put their event on hold. That's too bad because I have a spin-off/OVA idea I like to send them. And yes, I know it's possible people in Japan may have the same idea by coincidence that no one should think someone's ideas are stolen. I guess we'll have to wait. Stay prepared, KyoAni.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Should still hold the fan event. Use it as a time to hear testimonials from fans and give fans a space to drop off and write/post tributes, as well as for the company to highlight recent and ongoing works of the studio. November will be several months passed as well. In the words of that famous timeless JPN song, Life Goes On umarekawari .

I thought this too, then realised the nightmare it would be since so many people would want to go after what happened
dcresistance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:09 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

They're still holding the event, they just cancelled all stage events on the first weekend. The events taking place on the second weekend haven't been revealed yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1