• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Force TV Anime's 1st Teaser Video Previews Gakuto Kajiwara as Kusakabe Shinra

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:14 am Reply with quote
Not knowing anything about the source material, I'm already impressed by this PV. The animation and character designs look very good. I hope this PV is a good indication of what the main character will sound like in the full show itself because he already sounds a lot better than what I've heard in Black Clover.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:34 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Not knowing anything about the source material, I'm already impressed by this PV. The animation and character designs look very good. I hope this PV is a good indication of what the main character will sound like in the full show itself because he already sounds a lot better than what I've heard in Black Clover.

I'm not a fan of either series, but in my opinion Studio David is much better than Studio Pierrot. So at the very least this might be a fun action series, I may try watching it for that reason.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:20 am Reply with quote
Well, I see I was worried for nothing. This looked and sounded pretty good.
Mind_Bringer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:13 am Reply with quote
Just wanted to point out that in Fire Force the Tokyo Empire (aka Japan in this universe) has abandoned the East-Asian naming convention of Surname-first, which is why Shinra introduces himself that way, which means that he should be listed as "Shinra Kusakabe" in the article rather than "Kusakabe Shinra"
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:07 am Reply with quote
Thanks for pointing that out, we've fixed the name order in all our articles for the series including this one.
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
Then I saw the CG truck and I died a little inside.
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:50 am Reply with quote
EducatedRuffian wrote:
Then I saw the CG truck and I died a little inside.

Obviously this isn't Initial D. Of course the fire truck is CG. Rolling Eyes
immblueversion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:26 pm Reply with quote
We may never get an FMA Brotherhood-ification of Soul Eater's proper ending (which may or may not be for the best, depending), but it feels good to see Okubo's style in non-moefied animated form again.
TemplateR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:56 pm Reply with quote
It's just me or the "One-Shot" (???) will also get animated? Because some scenes could be from there.
leongsh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I do follow the manga title and did wonder and worry when an anime adaptation was announced. This first preview looks good. It seems to capture the flavour and tone of the manga. Looking forward to it.
Feli1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I would have preferred a studio like bones or mad house since not only do I think their explosive style would match perfectly with a series like this but one of them which is bones animated soul eater which is this mangaka’s last work before this but david productions seems to be steeping their game here even more so will see
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Yeah.

Hope it's good since I don't really know much about it other than loving Soul Eater.

immblueversion wrote:
We may never get an FMA Brotherhood-ification of Soul Eater's proper ending (which may or may not be for the best, depending), but it feels good to see Okubo's style in non-moefied animated form again.

Agreed, excited for this since I loved Soul Eater. BONES would have been great, but David Production has been good and this trailer looks very promising.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I love Fire Force and think its a very awesome series so im very happy that its finally getting an anime.
I was worried that Fire Force was not going to get an anime because atlest here in the west the series get no attention at all and almost nobody seems to care about it.
I hope Fire Force will get way more popular and get way more attention after the anime comes out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1