• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Deadline Site: Netflix Develops Resident Evil Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Precedes to vomit in German. There is no way that Constantine can get anything remotely worth watching out of the door, so consider me un-hyped. What could have been though... That Zodd that the games are on track this gen, outside of Umbrella Corps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Precedes to vomit in German. There is no way that Constantine can get anything remotely worth watching out of the door, so consider me un-hyped. What could have been though... That Zodd that the games are on track this gen, outside of Umbrella Corps.

Well sure if you can look pass VII weirdly being in FPS and the remake of 2 being something that should've happened 16 years ago, oh and the overdone ports.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:24 am Reply with quote
Oh, give them a break. They managed to create a franchise bringing in 1 billion+ dollars at the box office. Growing with each entry.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:05 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:

Well sure if you can look pass VII weirdly being in FPS and the remake of 2 being something that should've happened 16 years ago, oh and the overdone ports.

Resident Evil VII being in first person was not weird at all. In fact, Shinji Mikami wanted the original Resident Evil game to be first person, but due to the hardware limitations of the time, they went with the Third Person fixed camera
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
CurseTheSky wrote:

Resident Evil VII being in first person was not weird at all. In fact, Shinji Mikami wanted the original Resident Evil game to be first person, but due to the hardware limitations of the time, they went with the Third Person fixed camera

Which is what every mainline Resident Evil would go on to have and why 7 weirdly switching to first person was weird.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:17 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
CurseTheSky wrote:

Which is what every mainline Resident Evil would go on to have and why 7 weirdly switching to first person was weird.

No weider than turning the series into an over-the-shouldee action shooter. At least VII was an actual survival horror game
shabu shabu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
The Biohazard movies were popular here, but I am not sure a Netflix show will do as well since not many people use it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:22 am Reply with quote
CurseTheSky wrote:

No weider than turning the series into an over-the-shouldee action shooter.

Except even with that change the game was functionally similar to what the first four games were they just got rid of the fixed camera angles and refined the sketchy controls.

CurseTheSky wrote:

At least VII was an actual survival horror game

5 and 6 are very much survival horrors they just don't hamstring the player with iffy mechanics to artificially enhance the terror factor.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:36 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
CurseTheSky wrote:

No weider than turning the series into an over-the-shouldee action shooter.

Except even with that change the game was functionally similar to what the first four games were they just got rid of the fixed camera angles and refined the sketchy controls.

CurseTheSky wrote:

At least VII was an actual survival horror game

5 and 6 are very much survival horrors they just don't hamstring the player with iffy mechanics to artificially enhance the terror factor.

Well, i'll respectfully disagree with you. There are no survival horror elements in 5 and 6. Both games give you tonnes of ammo and 6 is literally half filled with quicktime events. And both games hold your hand and constantly tell you where to go. There is not a single scary moment it either game

In no way are 5 and 6 "functionality similar" to RE 1, 2 or 3...or Code Veronica or RE0 for that matter. Both RE 5 and 6 virtually lead you in a straight line from beginning to end. No exploring a confined area, no puzzle solving...in fact no use of the brain at all.

Mindless action shooters, not survival horror
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1