• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Übel Blatt Manga Ends in March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
The end of an era. This manga was what kept me warm with great dark fantasy manga content while Berserk was constantly in hiatus.

Highly recommend it.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
while I am sad to see it ending...I am also happy that it will reach its ending.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a good time to get back into this series, I've always considered Ubel Blatt a lesser Berserk. It would be nice to get an anime adaption.

Last edited by v1cious on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see this one go. Wonder how up to date the english volumes are.

Revenge dramas usually have to end. Kinda hard to make them open ended. Hope there is a happy ending for him, and not have him disappear into the ether because his revenge is done,
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:20 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Wonder how up to date the English volumes are.

They are pretty close to up to date, actually. The "volume 0" on both sides makes things a bit confusing (so "vol 0" English has vol 0 + vol 1 Japanese, then "vol 1" English has 2 and 3, etc). So far, the only vols not in English are 22 (which came out last September in Japan), and what will probably end up being vol 23 (the material since then, including the finale). So I'm guessing one more omnibus for English should do it. Hopefully, it will release maybe later this year and we'd be good for the English release!
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't think we'll get a very satisfying ending with this release. There are so many unanswered questions and I doubt many of them will get answers. I just feel like the author is rushing towards the ending which is a bit sad. I love Ubel a lot so I'm definitely sad to see it go. Especially considering there aren't many dark fantasy series out there anymore. Maybe the author will continue the series on in some way after this? That would be nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1