• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (TV) (all seasons).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:45 am Reply with quote

Season 1 - Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life (TV)
Season 2 - Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life (TV 2)

Genres: action, drama, shounen
Themes: music, school

Plot Summary: Takezō is the last remaining member of the Koto club, a club dedicated to the traditional Japanese string instrument. If he doesn't find new members, the Koto Club will be terminated. One day, Takezō is alone in the club room when a student barges in and demands to join. The student is delinquent Chika Kudō, a girl who even scares delinquent upperclassmen at other schools.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

The opening theme song is quite catchy imo.

We got introduction of Takezou and Chika in the beginning. Some of their bickering moments were amusing to see. The theme of koto is evident from this episode and establishes as one of major concepts of the show. Interesting amount of focus on Chika though.

It's a good set up episode for rest of the season.

Hoping the anime will give good character development since the manga has over 70+ chapters running at the moment. Has a lot of potential.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:34 pm Reply with quote
What was that?
Was it Japan, was it you again? Normalizing bullying, yeah, I've come to expect that but this... fellow students commit aggravated assault/attempted murder and it's "boy will be boys" and "The principal will hear about this!". No, no, call the police. And for f****'s sake, send the kid to the hospital!

What. The. Hell.

If this is setting the tone, I don't know if I want to stick around for its theme.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1