• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nearly 200,000 Fans Vote in AnimeJapan's 'Most Wanted Anime Adaptation' Poll

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
How did this poll work exactly? were there options as to which to pick out or could everyone just write which manga they want apadapted, because this is a pretty bad list. There are tons of more popular and better manga out there that dont have an anime yet.
Top of my head ill mention one example... Komi-san....
Super_M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I think this poll have more female voters. I think good idea will be segregate votes by most wanted anime adaptation by male fans and most wanted anime adaptation by female fans.

I personally voted for Hanako and happy that Hanako and Uramichi Onii-san have decent place.
musouka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Gunjou ni Siren would be an EXCELLENT choice, personally. Here’s to hoping this gets it more notice.
Robiii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:18 pm Reply with quote
This is just a female top 10 most wanted manga adaptions, can we get a male one too?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
I think this poll have more female voters. I think good idea will be segregate votes by most wanted anime adaptation by male fans and most wanted anime adaptation by female fans.

I personally voted for Hanako and happy that Hanako and Uramichi Onii-san have decent place.

This is probably what should've happened because from looks of things, the result is around 90% female respondents which can't be right at all.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
This is probably what should've happened because from looks of things, the result is around 90% female respondents which can't be right at all.

Since the top two in the poll are both shonen titles, it's entirely possible that just as many men voted as women, but that a significant percentage of the men voted for Im and Tatsu Ketsu while the women's votes were more evenly distributed across a greater number of titles.
pauladls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:37 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
How did this poll work exactly? were there options as to which to pick out or could everyone just write which manga they want apadapted, because this is a pretty bad list. There are tons of more popular and better manga out there that dont have an anime yet.
Top of my head ill Iomention one example... Komi-san....

they chose 100 mangas
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard of any on the list aside from Im Great Priest Imhotep, but Kusuriya no Hitorigoto has me interested.
Super_M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

Since the top two in the poll are both shonen titles, it's entirely possible that just as many men voted as women, but that a significant percentage of the men voted for Im and Tatsu Ketsu while the women's votes were more evenly distributed across a greater number of titles.

Were there any interesting shoujo titles in this survey? Girls read more shonen than shoujo becouse shoujo lack intresting titles. Even big franchise like Touken Ranbu or HypMic which have big female fanbase have manga adaptation in shonen magazine.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but only Uramichi Onii-san is from josei magazine and the rest manga at that list are either shonen or seinen.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Gimme Dungeon Meshi. It's SCREAMING for an anime series.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, 09 and 01 would definitely be on my list. Imhotep is one of the more refreshing Shounen out there, though it ended way too early if you ask me. (and I doubt a now finished manga will ever get an adaptation)

And there just aren't enough Chinese-inspired political intrigue and romance(?) stories in anime, period.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
Somebody correct me if I am wrong but only Uramichi Onii-san is from josei magazine and the rest manga at that list are either shonen or seinen.

Gunjou ni Siren is josei, but it is distributed by the Shonen Jump app because Shueisha didn't have a better place for it after they discontinued the josei magazine in which it was published. I don't know much about the rest.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:49 pm Reply with quote
i typically buy light novels/manga after i watch the anime adaptation 1st, but me being a fan of reki kawahara, i do enjoy SAO and accel world, so i bought up the isolator series and i think theres enough plot there for a 12 episode series at least, would love too see that and how they would depict the transformation of the 1st ruby eye.
Kami-koto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I remember there not being too many options. Hoped to see Kusuriya no Hitorigoto further up.
Eriol_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:58 pm Reply with quote
We're just never meant to get a Hoshi no Samidare with a the pillows soundtrack ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4