• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Clover Anime Reveals Visual for New Arc Featuring Humans vs Elves

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:29 am Reply with quote
Yuno is a elf... or maybe half elf!!! That's is shocking... basing this on the fact that he has pointy ears in the visual.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:57 am Reply with quote
It’s amusing that the anime is entering this arc right when the manga is literally ending it (the arc not the series I mean).

Also Goddamn this really is a long arc & Goddamn the anime is actually on it. It’s really close, like way too close. Granted it’s a long arc with plenty of opportunity to pad it out with extended scenes & anime-only stuff but a full-on Filler Arc is becoming more of an inevitability.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
It’s amusing that the anime is entering this arc right when the manga is literally ending it (the arc not the series I mean).

Also Goddamn this really is a long arc & Goddamn the anime is actually on it. It’s really close, like way too close. Granted it’s a long arc with plenty of opportunity to pad it out with extended scenes & anime-only stuff but a full-on Filler Arc is becoming more of an inevitability.

Well I have a feeling after this arc runs its course in the anime it will end cause if they do not then it will have a very long filler arc afterwards. I do not want this to become like Naruto end it when its still good. They are animating 1 chapter and a half per episode with extended scenes and the manga has 205 chapters and the anime is at chapter 130 I think. Right now I think so we don't have to worry about them getting caught up before the current arc is complete.

The manga might focus on the Diamond Kingdom next cause they introduced the generals around when they were fixing Asta's arms. But I don't know how Tabata is going to top the awesomeness of this arc.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 am Reply with quote
Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
Yuno is a elf... or maybe half elf!!! That's is shocking... basing this on the fact that he has pointy ears in the visual.

While I can't say I was expecting it, it does seem like an explanation why he ended up with a 4-leaf grimoire, and the Witch Queen hinted that she thought Asta ended up with his because of his lineage. Sure, she realized she was wrong, but the seeds are there.
SAG4

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Maybe we have one or another filler episode and / or semi-filler moments in this arc, to give even more distance from the manga. And there are many opportunities, for example, when Magna and Luck have their moment, they can adapt their mission in the dungeon by seeking healing for Asta's arms.
Yuno can have one or two episode focused on him that does not have in the manga, it would already be a way to keep the manga apart.
And once the arc is finished, we can certainly have one or two filler arcs before adapting the next. It can be an adaptation of the Quartet Knights manga, Yuno and his missions in the Golden Dawn, an arc filler with these two characters from the arcade game:
https://neogeeknetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/black-clover-game-750x270.png
Etc.

@Finny-chan https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackClover/comments/bg6r8v/diamond_is_the_next_arc_confirmed/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1