• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read the Room?' Manga Ends in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomdean

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 am Reply with quote
The manga has one of two moments but ultimately the main character is yet another tsundere "I don't like him but actually I really do" sort of annoying type. Does anyone actually find that cute or charming?
simona.com

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:01 am Reply with quote
I find this manga hilarious.
I really wish they made an anime, it'd keep me alive like Miss Ueno used to do Very Happy
tomdean

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 am Reply with quote
simona.com wrote:
I find this manga hilarious.
I really wish they made an anime, it'd keep me alive like Miss Ueno used to do Very Happy

If you like the manga, it's good that you do - full respect. I myself just find those female characters traits tiring and a little obnoxious.

Miss Ueno was fun though.
Venti

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:05 am Reply with quote
True tsunderes are really fun if they’re in a more comedy focused story like Miss Ueno. If you have one in a more romance focused one, then you need to have good, continual growth for that character if you don’t want them to get grating fast.

Not exactly an original example, but Toradora did this almost perfectly, as you always felt that Taiga was making progress with her character, and not just with Ryuuji, but also her other friends and especially her family.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 am Reply with quote
Venti wrote:
True tsunderes are really fun if they’re in a more comedy focused story like Miss Ueno. If you have one in a more romance focused one, then you need to have good, continual growth for that character if you don’t want them to get grating fast.

Not exactly an original example, but Toradora did this almost perfectly, as you always felt that Taiga was making progress with her character, and not just with Ryuuji, but also her other friends and especially her family.

100% this. A character trait can be done very well, but when it's not done well it's usually just frustrating. Especially with Tsundere, character progress and growth is a must.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1