• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound! Euphonium The Movie - Our Promise: A Brand New Day Anime Film's Dub Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Not shocked but a little disappointed that they replaced the entire cast from Liz and the Bluebird. If the tv series ever gets dubbed, watch that have a completely new cast as well. It kind of seems like Funimation is the only company that actually tries most of the time to hire previously cast actors.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:51 pm Reply with quote
That is really bizarre that they changed cast from Liz. Also that's a really weird localized title. What was wrong with a more literal "The Oath's Finale" or simply "oath's finale"
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:30 pm Reply with quote
"Liz and the Blue Bird" was dubbed in a union studio and this one is non-union unfortunately.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Fingers crossed that Pony Canyon will lose the license and they can dub the rest of the series. We don’t need another Gintama situation on our hands.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:49 pm Reply with quote
SnowWarren wrote:
"Liz and the Blue Bird" was dubbed in a union studio and this one is non-union unfortunately.

The cast of Liz normally works non-Union anyway.They even got Xante Huynh back but playing a different character this time.

The only reason for the change is that they are incompetent at their job of getting the cast back.
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Imagine still utilizing an LA cast, whilst also deliberately choosing to ax the LA VAs that voiced in Blue Bird. I'm referring specifically to Cristina Vee (Reina) and Cassandra Lee Morris (Sapphire). This new cast may look fine on paper, but at least TWO of those characters already *had* prior Eng voices. What the hell, Eleven Arts? Just how hard is it to ask Cristina and Cassandra if they wanted to reprise? This is just embarrassing.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 pm Reply with quote
No dub consistency is something I didn’t expect for this franchise and frankly also not something to see happen so quickly between installments, which is a bit saddening to me. Erica Mendez as Kumiko could work (seems like she voices a lot of main characters in anime that aren’t dubbed in Texas), and I’m still curious to see who will voice Asuka. Hoping for the best.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:18 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Fingers crossed that Pony Canyon will lose the license and they can dub the rest of the series. We don’t need another Gintama situation on our hands.

Or worse...Fate
merr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:19 am Reply with quote
I’m curious which studio they’re using. Is it still NYAV?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Not sure. While I am disappointed the cast from Liz hasn't been reused for this (Seriously, Courtney Shaw is a complete newbie, but she was awesome as Liz and the blue girl. She needs more work!), I'm sure the new cast will still do a good job regardless. I do wonder if maybe there's some backstage studio stuff involved in the recasting. That does happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1