• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Teasing Master Takagi-san Manga Launches Crowdfunding for VR Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The crowdfunding campaign seeks to raise 1.5 million yen (about US$14,000)

The page actually says "15,000,000円“ which is 15 million yen, or $141,270.00.

I can't even begin to imagine how adorable this will be. Takagi-san is too much!
Jason Rhoades

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:51 am Reply with quote
Holy cow. I will definitely keep my eye on this.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:26 am Reply with quote
How about we take a step back and slow it down a bit, like sheesh, we're not even finished with the second season and they hit us with this? Y'all trying to give a guy a heart attack? I wonder if Takagi would call Nishikata or avoid to be more ambiguous and just be like "nee, anta, anata wa, kimi, etc." It does say it is Nishikata pov, but I wonder how exactly that's meant to be interpreted, meaning, are you Nishikata or are you a Nishikata fill in? Most likely the former, but until I hear some lines, I'd like to entertain the thought of the latter.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
Makes sense. The anime itself is already thiiiis close to the ASMR experience.
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I see that Spice and Wolf VR got the ball rolling
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:44 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
How about we take a step back and slow it down a bit, like sheesh, we're not even finished with the second season and they hit us with this? Y'all trying to give a guy a heart attack? I wonder if Takagi would call Nishikata or avoid to be more ambiguous and just be like "nee, anta, anata wa, kimi, etc." It does say it is Nishikata pov, but I wonder how exactly that's meant to be interpreted, meaning, are you Nishikata or are you a Nishikata fill in? Most likely the former, but until I hear some lines, I'd like to entertain the thought of the latter.

I actually feel this is pretty novel and would work fairly well for a 'teaser' or random-adjective-to-describe-the-female-lead slice of life story like this. Takagi isn't a gag panel manga but it's very close in concept, which lends itself well to scenes like this (recurring back ground and settings, etc). There's a ton of other current popular manga series I think could work well also that currently don't have an anime; Nagatoro, Gal Gohan, Gal no Anjou, Joushi Takizawa, Shy Hitomi-san, Shy Komi-san (that would be a personal favorite that NEEDS to get animated soon...).

I think in that regards to that thinking these could all work either way; either present the MC as in the original work(s) or leave them ambiguous. For Takagi My guess is it'll ultimately come down to if Nishikata's Japanese VA reprises or for the sake of less work not voice over an MC.

Also, wow, I didn't actually realize episodic anime and VR was a thing. Wouldn't mind seeing more of this.

Random thought too going forward after Takagi's second season but I REALLY hope the 'Teasing Master (Former)' spin off gets animated in some form. That run recently ended and was collected in six tankō's.
geepee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:58 pm Reply with quote
will it let me...kiss her forehead?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:19 pm Reply with quote
geepee wrote:
will it let me...kiss her forehead?

*gasp* Lewd! (〃艸〃)
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:23 am Reply with quote
One can only imagine what it feels like to be a Nishikata who is being teased by Takagi that much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1