• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Anime's 1st Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:08 am Reply with quote
Pretty good choice of VAs. Ozora sounds like exactly the way I imagined Uzaki to sound considering her personality
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:39 am Reply with quote
This should be a fun anime!
Swissman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:48 am Reply with quote
I hope that the BGM used in the PV isn't the one used in the actual show because it sounds pretty cheap and would kill my enjoyment of the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:01 am Reply with quote
Huh, I didn't gather from the limited artwork I've seen of this that she was so short relative to the main male character. Not really a fan of the artstyle used and the PV overall seems extremely simple. I imagine the main draw of the series is the chemistry between the two leads, so as long as that's good it'll probably be decent.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:00 pm Reply with quote
If I guess it right, this will be like hitoribochi and will get dropepd to no reviews after the premier episode, because it makes some people uncomfortable, even if the characters themselves seettle into something more confortable in the next few episodes.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:46 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Pretty good choice of VAs. Ozora sounds like exactly the way I imagined Uzaki to sound considering her personality

Agreed 100%, this was an absolutely perfect casting choice, up there with using Inoue Kikuko for the crazy aunt in Happy Sugar Life.

I read a little of the Uzaki-Chan manga after the Red Cross blood drive poster controversy popped up. I didn't find it very appealing and dropped it after reading a few chapters. I watched the preview video out of boredom and now I'm honestly interested in it simply because of the VA choice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1