• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria TV Anime Gets Brand-New 15th Anniversary Work This Winter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cchigu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:31 am Reply with quote
Most likely an OVA. Mizunashi Akari is love.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:49 am Reply with quote
Hope it's a full series. Was not happy with Aria the Avvenire. The ova is mostly old material from the manga, not enough new material, we barely get to know the new character, we also did not get to see akari and others at their new life. It been 15 years now, they should be able to bring some new material. They should also use the special navigation manga chapter for Aria the Avvenire "aquaria"

P.S. I don't like any of the new character, they should get better new character instead of 3 clones.
Halko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:18 am Reply with quote
Aria had its run and its over. Its not best to drag it along longer than is necessary as i would hate to see the characters end up in an endless progression of bullshit like most long running shounen. Im honestly apprehensive about a new project because of this. The ending of the last series was a perfectly good send off to the series and even the last ova was really just kinda unneeded.

I would hate to see this franchised milked to death for no reason. I dont want 30 years of people jerking off over dragonballs or gum fruit in aria.
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:48 pm Reply with quote
The series ended and it ended well. The chapters that I wanted adapted but were missing from the original 3 TV series ended up being the basis for the 2015 OVAs.

That being said, having a few episodes to flesh out the burgeoning romantic relationships that were in the series would be sweet. I wouldn't say no to more of Akari and Akatsuki being dorks together.
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Welp time to watch the entire series again, really is a relaxing show to watch being stuck at home.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I hate myself for typing this, but this franchise could still milk my wallet for a few more years if they remade the three TV seasons in actual HD quality.
zrdb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:14 pm Reply with quote
So it's going to be a movie, huh? Still looking back at the final few episodes of Origination and the 3 Avvenire ovas I thought that the series had been brought to a very satisfying conclusion and there was nothing more to cover. But being as Aria is #2 on my list of all-time favorite anime series more of it is always welcome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1