Forum - View topic
NEWS: Redo of Healer TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Theme Song Artists, January 2021 Premiere


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rob19ny



Joined: 13 Jun 2020
Posts: 364
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:54 am Reply with quote
Oh, yes. I'm loving this. I see some waifu's too. Waiting for the BD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 12962
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:33 am Reply with quote
Still can't believe the madmen are actually doing it.

Crunchyroll better have a giant content warning before each episode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 4773
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
a healer who is used and tossed around by his fellow adventurers on the assumption that healers cannot fight on their own


A very tame description of what the bad guys and gals did to the healer. Hopefully, that is not an indicator that the production has turned a NSFW revenge story into a 'teddy bear' revenge story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 3240
Location: Here!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:09 am Reply with quote
I want the full, car crash effect of this adaptation on screen and dominating streaming charts the way Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero did. (Even though neither is anywhere near the same ballpark as this).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Millennial Anime Fan



Joined: 08 Sep 2019
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:55 am Reply with quote
Oh boy I can't wait for the controversy over this anime to blow up on Twitter and makes the controversy over Goblin Slayer and The Rising of the Shield Hero looks like tame in comparison. I don't know if whether or not Crunchyroll or Funimation will acquire this anime but hopefully they will give this anime the proper age rating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonny Mendes



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Posts: 959
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:03 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Quote:
a healer who is used and tossed around by his fellow adventurers on the assumption that healers cannot fight on their own


A very tame description of what the bad guys and gals did to the healer. Hopefully, that is not an indicator that the production has turned a NSFW revenge story into a 'teddy bear' revenge story.

Is like when Attila the Hun invaded Europe, all what his warriors done was "use and toss around" men and woman of the conquered lands.

Unless they remove like 70% of the scenes, I don't know how they can turn this in a 'teddy bear' revenge story.

Goblin Slayer is a kids shonen story in comparison with this story.


Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2402
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
Well, if they are consistent with the source with the fates of certain characters, there'll be a lot of black bars. Not that those characters didn't deserve what happened, but there'll be a lot of yelling nonetheless, with a big portion of those yelling how the author shouldn't have taken this or that approach... ...I'll have my popcorn ready for the comments once it airs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Birriaman



Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 81
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:46 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Still can't believe the madmen are actually doing it.

Crunchyroll better have a giant content warning before each episode.


We’re closer to this happening and I still have no idea how it’ll go down. Will the adaptation be something along the lines of Reviewers or are we getting the PG version? I remember Goblin Slayer’s debate a couple of years ago but don’t really foresee one for this one since most people are already aware of what kind of story it is and/or grown desensitized to it.

Also, was Setsuna always light-blue haired? In my mind she was always supposed to be auburn-haired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 12962
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am Reply with quote
Birriaman wrote:
We’re closer to this happening and I still have no idea how it’ll go down. Will the adaptation be something along the lines of Reviewers or are we getting the PG version? I remember Goblin Slayer’s debate a couple of years ago but don’t really foresee one for this one since most people are already aware of what kind of story it is and/or grown desensitized to it.

Also, was Setsuna always light-blue haired? In my mind she was always supposed to be auburn-haired.


It might be toned down somewhat. Not even the tank version of the manga has nipples.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 1520
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Birriaman wrote:
Also, was Setsuna always light-blue haired? In my mind she was always supposed to be auburn-haired.
She always had that hair color.

The designs look good, but there's very little in the way of actual animation in the PV. Seems like it'll look mediocre at best, which doesn't bode well for the watchability of the show.

Worst case scenario it's too disgusting for average viewers to bother with and too watered down for fans and horny people to enjoy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Hermano



Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Millennial Anime Fan wrote:
Oh boy I can't wait for the controversy over this anime to blow up on Twitter and makes the controversy over Goblin Slayer and The Rising of the Shield Hero looks like tame in comparison. I don't know if whether or not Crunchyroll or Funimation will acquire this anime but hopefully they will give this anime the proper age rating.


The best description I've seen is "Redo of Healer is the show haters always try to make Shield Hero out to be"

Either way, I'm looking forward to it just to see how much they can get away with outside an R-18 release. The PV looks nice and the girls look great. I expect controversy from the usual places, but that's really just free advertising as we've seen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topgun97



Joined: 06 Oct 2019
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:25 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Birriaman wrote:
Also, was Setsuna always light-blue haired? In my mind she was always supposed to be auburn-haired.
She always had that hair color.

The designs look good, but there's very little in the way of actual animation in the PV. Seems like it'll look mediocre at best, which doesn't bode well for the watchability of the show.

Worst case scenario it's too disgusting for average viewers to bother with and too watered down for fans and horny people to enjoy.


I feel you. Judging from the PV, despite the lack of animation scenes just from the art style you can tell the quality is going to be average or slightly above average at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topgun97



Joined: 06 Oct 2019
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 pm Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
Millennial Anime Fan wrote:
Oh boy I can't wait for the controversy over this anime to blow up on Twitter and makes the controversy over Goblin Slayer and The Rising of the Shield Hero looks like tame in comparison. I don't know if whether or not Crunchyroll or Funimation will acquire this anime but hopefully they will give this anime the proper age rating.


The best description I've seen is "Redo of Healer is the show haters always try to make Shield Hero out to be"

Either way, I'm looking forward to it just to see how much they can get away with outside an R-18 release. The PV looks nice and the girls look great. I expect controversy from the usual places, but that's really just free advertising as we've seen.


"The girls looks great", as someone who has read a bit of the Web Novel I can tell you that looks can be quite deceiving. But I'm sure everyone here knows that. I hope that they don't slack with the NSFW moments, otherwise this is just going to be watered down to oblivion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Hermano



Joined: 24 Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:27 pm Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
"The girls looks great", as someone who has read a bit of the Web Novel I can tell you that looks can be quite deceiving. But I'm sure everyone here knows that. I hope that they don't slack with the NSFW moments, otherwise this is just going to be watered down to oblivion.


Oh, I know. By "look great" I mean their anime designs are very attractive and appealing. Looking forward to seeing how much they can get away with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capt_bunny



Joined: 31 May 2015
Posts: 299
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm so not a fan of this revenge fantasy p-rn but will be watching. I'm curious to see how far are they willing to animate for TV.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group