• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe OVAs Launch on Netflix Worldwide on Februa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Ooooh this is gonna be fun.

Though I presume Rohan will be recasted for the English dub.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to finally watching these legally.

I'm also curious to see who the new English Rohan will be.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I hope the new English dub Rohan is JYB, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Looking forward to finally watching these legally.

I'm also curious to see who the new English Rohan will be.

It might either be Xander Mobus or Todd Haberkorn. Their vocal ranges sound similar to Vic.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:47 pm Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
It might either be Xander Mobus or Todd Haberkorn. Their vocal ranges sound similar to Vic.

I've heard Landon McDonald is a pretty close Vic soundalike too; might be him.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:49 am Reply with quote
Wonder if Netflix will get Part 4 before then (seeing as how Rohan is from Part 4 and Netflix is only streaming Parts 1-3).. Right now there is no legal stream of the Part 4 dub outside video on demand like iTunes etc, so would be nice if they could stream it. It seems Adult Swim is still streaming every episode of Golden Wind so that may not stream on Netflix till next year.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 am Reply with quote
Since Netflix dubs all of their Original productions in various languages this will probably the first JoJo show to be dubbed into Spanish, though I wonder if perhaps Netflix will add the previous series so people who haven't watched them can understand the Rohan OVA. I heard some rumors that JoJo was being dubbed into Neutral Spanish but I'm not sure.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wonder if Netflix will get Part 4 before then (seeing as how Rohan is from Part 4 and Netflix is only streaming Parts 1-3).. Right now there is no legal stream of the Part 4 dub outside video on demand like iTunes etc, so would be nice if they could stream it. It seems Adult Swim is still streaming every episode of Golden Wind so that may not stream on Netflix till next year.

I believe DeMarco flat out said Adult Swim grabs JoJo to keep it away from Netflix. Which sucks.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Now the million dollar question who the hell is going to play Rohan? I would love to hear Chris Patton in this role he would excel no doubt in my mind this being a Bang Zoom dub there's a faint chance he could play the role likely not but would I love to see it!
Lin Liren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh good, they still have a budget to make more JoJo!

Hopefully, they’ll get “Stone Ocean” over with in time for the 10th Anniversary Of JoJo’s TV Anime celebration, so we can finally get to the Epic Spaghetti Western “Steel Ball Run” all the Sooner. Smile
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Gotta admit, the idea of Rohan's English voice being recast does make me a little sad, because I liked Vic's take on the character. But I definitely understand why there would be a need for a recast, and agree wholeheartedly in doing so.

Now that these are coming out on streaming, I also wonder (and hope) for a physical release down the line. It'd be nice to have these to go with the physical sets for Part 4, and just all of the physical releases of JoJo in general. I know Netflix anime rarely ever get physical releases, though, so I don't have a lot of hope for a physical release. But it'd be really nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1