• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Illustrator Cogecha Passes Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:47 am Reply with quote
Um wow RIP but that was quite awhile ago and we are just learning about it now? Granted totally within their rights for privacy.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 am Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
Um wow RIP but that was quite awhile ago and we are just learning about it now? Granted totally within their rights for privacy.

yay this is definitely a japan privacy thing I think. I am more wondering if it had anything to do with covid.

RIP many will miss you and your fantastic art
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:04 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

yay this is definitely a japan privacy thing I think. I am more wondering if it had anything to do with covid.

RIP many will miss you and your fantastic art

I don’t think it was Covid if it was an accident in the workplace and even having a Police investigation. But still depressing to see a talented person gone.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:31 am Reply with quote
Oh my god, I did wonder why they seemed inactive. I really enjoyed their unique style, they had a gift in capturing what feels like moments in time with their vivid and detailed scenery.

My condolences to the family.
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:06 am Reply with quote
I actually heard about this in the Hololive community yesterday as well.

They had been AZKi's 2nd character designer, and she pushed her stream back 24-hours when she heard the news.

I can't say I was familiar with a majority of the work, but my condolences still go out to their family.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad that I only become familiar with this artist's distinctive style in news of his death. From what I've seen now, this artist was a promising talent with a great future. So sad that it's been cut off so early.

Sad also for the artist's friends, family, and colleagues, who have lost a friend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1