• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Casts for 'Wave, Listen to Me!,' Shachibato!, Sleepy Princess A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:17 am Reply with quote
I've heard the first episodes of Sleepy Princess and Wave, Listen to Me and they are both pretty solid. Terri Doty and Sabat weren't my first picks for Minare and Mato (I was thinking more Elizabeth Maxwell and Jason Douglas) but I know they will both do fine.

Sound Cadence has really been getting a bunch of work from Funi because of the Pandemic. Good for them. Build that portfolio up.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:07 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I've heard the first episodes of Sleepy Princess and Wave, Listen to Me and they are both pretty solid. Terri Doty and Sabat weren't my first picks for Minare and Mato (I was thinking more Elizabeth Maxwell and Jason Douglas) but I know they will both do fine.

Sound Cadence has really been getting a bunch of work from Funi because of the Pandemic. Good for them. Build that portfolio up.

Yeah, the fact that they also manage to get LA and NY actors on board helps too.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:46 am Reply with quote
Wave, Listen to Me! is an interesting and underated anime. It's a pity that it won't have season 2 because the ending is anime original if I heard correctly. Sad.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I realized I was looking through Sleeping Princess' cast list not for who was cast as the succubus but what they were going to call her. Because if they stuck with the Japanese name, it'd be kind of Sucky.

And I saw Wave got a dub but I thought it was something they did earlier.

Shachibato! though? Between that and the baseball one, what are they thinking? And I liked the baseball show.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I do not envy the lady voicing Minare... I hope she has strong vocal chords and a stock of throat lozenges.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:25 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Wave, Listen to Me! is an interesting and underated anime. It's a pity that it won't have season 2 because the ending is anime original if I heard correctly. Sad.

We've seen sequels retcon away anime-original endings before, as with Hayate the Combat Butler S2, the Tsubasa Chronicle OVAs, and Highschool DxD Hero -- "Episode 0" / "Holiness Behind the Gym" is a more source-accurate revision of the last few eps of Highschool DxD BorN. It all comes down to whether the publishers and production committee investors see a financial upside to creating more anime. If they have the resources and willpower to do, they'll make it happen, regardless of any anime-original endings.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Dang, I wanted Brina Palencia to play Princess Syalis. But considering I only chose her back when I first read the manga and the fact she's almost exclusively voicing My Hero Academia nowadays, I understand.

Anyway, Kira Buckland from Accel World? Awesome sauce.
Raven.In.Pink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Dang, I wanted Brina Palencia to play Princess Syalis. But considering I only chose her back when I first read the manga and the fact she's almost exclusively voicing My Hero Academia nowadays, I understand.

Brina would’ve actually been a good choice too. But yeah, in the last 2 years, Brina has been in very few roles. But she’s, at the least, still doing voice work. She was Rin in Fruits Basket and she’ll likely reprise her role as Sakura in Zombie Land Saga for S2.

With that said, Kira really nails it as the Princess. The last 3 episodes have been really funny and everyone is doing a great job.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1