• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Ranks #1 on U.S. Monthly Bookscan May List

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:24 am Reply with quote
Random Hunter x Hunter volume 1 is nice to see.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I’m surprised the Invincible comic didn’t rank, it’s been at the top sellers lists on Amazon and bookstores for months now, even selling out.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I’m surprised the Invincible comic didn’t rank, it’s been at the top sellers lists on Amazon and bookstores for months now, even selling out.

Bookscan/ICv2 divides things into different categories and is needlessly confusing. Looking at the April 2021 numbers for comparison:

In the "Top 20 Superhero Graphic Novels", Invincible doesn't rank here because they don't count it as a superhero book. Or maybe these books all sold more than Invincible did. Although the presence of Godzilla, Life is Strange, and Star Wars makes me question the category genre in general. It either doesn't qualify as or sold enough to rank in the Top 20 Adult Graphic Novels either. However, in the "Top 20 Author Graphic Novels", Invincible Compendium #1 ranks at #10.

Source: https://icv2.com/articles/comics/view/13709/bookscan-top-20-gns-index
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1