• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Battle Game in 5 Seconds (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote

Battle Game in 5 Seconds (TV)

Genres: action, supernatural
Themes: superpowers

Plot Summary: It was just a usual morning:

Akira Shiroyanagi, a high schooler who loves games and Konpeito (Japanese sweets), has suddenly been dragged into a battlefield by a mysterious girl who calls herself Mion. The participants are told that they are "erased from the family register, involved in an experiment, and gained certain powers."

Akira is determined to win the game with his newfound powers and destroy the organization. Armed with a power no one expects and his "brain" skills, the new period of intelligence battle begins!

(Source: MU, edited)
----------------------------------

Anime adaptation of the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Anime uses the abused child trope way too much for my liking. *sigh* But it was - on a base level - satisfying to see the "Demon God" unleashed. I really hope she can make it back to save Riria.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 01...

I'm liking it!

Let's just say I have a weakness for smart, good-looking boys wearing cool long coats. xD I also like how Akira loves konpeito, a surprisingly cute trait. The heroine looks pretty cool too. Mion's voice is very annoying-nya. :'D Small setback.

The art really reminds me of something like Black Cat...but it's actually the artist behind Shinmai Maou No Testament doing the character designs.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

To be honest, for a trashy, cheap, edgy death game anime, it wasn't really that awful. There were still a whole lot of pretty bad stuff, like just look at the character tropes most of the characters played, and it felt like it tried a bit too hard to come across as an intelligent show. But I don't think that it was as trashy as it could have been, and was occasionally even interesting. I kind of went in expecting to hate it, but I didn't.

My rating is going to be So-so (5/10), It didn't really catch my attention that much, but was still not panful generally to watch, so it could be a good pick for someone just getting into more edgy stuff.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
I rated this a nudge higher than you, DP, at Decent. I found it pretty consistently entertaining and I gained a new waifu in Yuuri. There's obviously more story to be told and I'd be up for more helpings. Oh, and Mion should be nominated for Worst Previewer of 2021. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1