Forum - View topic
NEWS: FuRyu's Crystar RPG Gets Switch Version on February 24




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kyokun47



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 215
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:21 am Reply with quote
*sigh* i just bought the steam version on sale too in prep for the steam deck lmao, hope this switch port of a bad little game i love comes to the west

EDIT: lmao VERY fast news day, NIS America is releasing it in the west Spring 2022 physically and digitally, the limited edition is already up for preorder on their website.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R. Kasahara



Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 462
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:43 am Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
*sigh* i just bought the steam version on sale too in prep for the steam deck lmao, hope this switch port of a bad little game i love comes to the west

EDIT: lmao VERY fast news day, NIS America is releasing it in the west Spring 2022 physically and digitally, the limited edition is already up for preorder on their website.

NIS America was extremely on the ball like this when Monark was announced as well. A little annoyed they do this for FuRyu but not their own non-Disgaea games!

How is this game good/bad? IIRC, I've never played a FuRyu title before, but some of them have looked interesting, Crystar included.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kyokun47



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 215
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
R. Kasahara wrote:
How is this game good/bad? IIRC, I've never played a FuRyu title before, but some of them have looked interesting, Crystar included.
Well.....

Crystar is an action JRPG with a really solid story and aesthetics, but the gameplay is a slog. I ended up turning the difficulty down to Easy when I played on PS4 cause fighting the same enemies over and over again through randomized dungeons was not a fun task. For a 30+ hr game, it was just very stale, especially when the only saving graces were the character designs, music, and story.

I, however, being an absolute madwoman, stuck through almost all of it for the artwork and music alone lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R. Kasahara



Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 462
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
R. Kasahara wrote:
How is this game good/bad? IIRC, I've never played a FuRyu title before, but some of them have looked interesting, Crystar included.
Well.....

Crystar is an action JRPG with a really solid story and aesthetics, but the gameplay is a slog. I ended up turning the difficulty down to Easy when I played on PS4 cause fighting the same enemies over and over again through randomized dungeons was not a fun task. For a 30+ hr game, it was just very stale, especially when the only saving graces were the character designs, music, and story.

I, however, being an absolute madwoman, stuck through almost all of it for the artwork and music alone lol

Thanks for your impressions! If I didn't already have a huge pile of JRPGs in my backlog, I might consider it. It's a shame the gameplay is repetitive, because it looks pretty good otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group