• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Real-Life News Announcer Reports Death Game In Sword Art Online Progressive Film Commercia

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:47 pm Reply with quote
This is actually quite clever.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
They should do it again next year, as nov 6th 2022 is the day the game was launched in the series setting. it would be a nice promotional material lol.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I've seen Matsuzawa involved in all kinds of stuff lately, from Higurashi to Digimon.
She seems to be quite the anime-loving reporter, lol.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:28 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty neat.

Reminds me of that live-action SAO adaption for Netflix that seemingly went nowhere.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, SAO, that one death game where they're sucked into a virtual world and they pit opponents against each to play mostly kid's themed games, and if they die in the game they die in real, and at the end the last one standing earns a lot of money. Been hearing about it in the news media a lot recently.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:09 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Ah yes, SAO, that one death game where they're sucked into a virtual world and they pit opponents against each to play mostly kid's themed games, and if they die in the game they die in real, and at the end the last one standing earns a lot of money. Been hearing about it in the news media a lot recently.

SAO wasn't really designed around players fighting each other and there wasn't a monetary reward for beating the game.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:14 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

SAO wasn't really designed around players fighting each other and there wasn't a monetary reward for beating the game.

Not sure if you're serious or if the joke went over your head. SAO and Squid Game are both death games so I was trying to make a funny. Even if you haven't watched Squid Game, no one can say they haven't heard the name as of recently.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
They should do it again next year, as nov 6th 2022 is the day the game was launched in the series setting. it would be a nice promotional material lol.

Dunno much about about SAO but that was the date in the original online serialization of the story back in 2002, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1