• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fantasy Earth Zero Game Ends Service After 15 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucio542

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:43 am Reply with quote
I not even knew about this game.
But damn 15 years is really a long time, its a pity.
But the text says that the game launched in Feb 2006 so it should be 16 years.
Olliff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 am Reply with quote
Same. I used to play Asheron's Call, an MMO from Microsoft and Tribune, and that lasted 17 years before it shut down. Them abolishing the monthly fee certainly helped.

For any game with server requirements and expectations for updates, that is pretty impressive. I wonder if we will ever have any mobile games that make it that long eventually or will it mostly be PC MMORPGs.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:51 pm Reply with quote
For those who are curious, FEZ is a massive 50v50 pure PVP MMORPG, and it does not have a PVE. It also requires building one's territory via obelisk building. In order to win, it is through destroying the enemy's obelisks, protecting the obelisks, of course, defeating tons of players, or simply... be a dragon or chimera and bomb your opponent's castle. It had a mobile game but heard was unsuccessful in the end (and was able to play it but was just not the same).

I used to play this game years ago, especially when it came out. They had an NA and HK server. They closed down after a year but not JP. FEZ has only been really a hit in JP. I was privileged to be able to play in all of the servers, and how I will miss this game as this game was the game that really introduced me to the gaming but also meet new people and really, my SO. All I can say is, thank you Square Enix for this lovely game. It's a sign of an end of an era for FEZ players but looking forward to the next game that Square Enix will dish out. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1