• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saber Marionette 'Re:Anime Project' Launches

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:12 am Reply with quote
Maybe redo J to X and actually make it good this time.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 am Reply with quote
Cool. Definitely didn't see this coming.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:09 am Reply with quote
I don't know how I feel about this.... At least until I hear more about it. In a way I say "YEah!<3" but then again...I don't know anything about it yet...
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
Haha, I also don't know how to feel about this. I want to be excited, but it could be another case like with that newest Tenchi.

I was just thinking recently though, that I miss Rei omishi, Akahori and Negishi's works. It's sad that they've fallen by the way side (at least in the West). I'm glad they're doing something with one of their old titles, and I hope more see some kind of comeback!

I'd also like them to work on something together again. I tried to start Akahori's newest manga, but I honestly don't like it. Also kind of depressing given how much I love his other stuff. ;u;
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
It has to be a remake, right? The story, unlike Tenchi's overly convoluted narrative, ended pretty decisively in the last one.
Rensie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
Probably a remake, since the J to X tv serie conclude the saga with the spoiler[marionettes reborn as humans, and lose all their abilities and powers].

Anyway i'm curious about this new Saber project.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
This is 1 of those classic harem stories that a lot of people might not be as aware of. I think I should invest my time in the series someday.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
I watched all of Saber Marionette (including the OVAs) and I enjoyed every minute of it. I await to see how the new show will turn out. Smile
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:09 am Reply with quote
Ok, that's weird. Interesting as I think Lime could use a reintroduction to anime but it's still weird.

I'll stick to being "cautiously optimistic" for now, mostly because it sounds like "we can't come up with anything better at this time."
Buster D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
I have the feeling this won't interest me much, especially if it has a new seiyuu cast. But I hope that they take this opportunity make the original SMJ series available on Blu-ray. As long as they don't just upscale it, that is. (The OVAs and SMJtoX would have to be upscales since they were digitally animated, though.)
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
I hope that it will be a sequel or so with the original seiyuu cast as that the seiyuu cast was one of the main reasons i enjoyed the series. No remakes or recasts please Smile
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
Megumi?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote
We should petition Tempest to make Zac’s continued employment contingent upon his agreeing to write weekly streaming reviews of this series.

I liked Saber Marionette J a lot when I first saw it roughly fifteen years ago. (I have, however, never liked the OVA Saber Marionette J Again) I even own the signed complete collector’s box that was released in 2003. When I watched all of that four years ago as part of my return to anime, it was a tedious, laborious experience that nearly caused me to abandon the whole enterprise. (I still like a lot of the performances from the English dub of the first series, especially Maggie Blue O’Hara and Venus Terzo) Even so, there’s a stupidly good chance that I’ll inflict this upon myself. I didn’t learn the last time, so why should I now?

I just hope that the vein of nineties revivalism that seems to have opened recently yields one or two things of a little more merit before becoming exhausted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
I'd always been curious about the Saber Marionette franchise, but not enough to go forward in exploring this series. I'm surprised that it's getting a reboot. I guess it's time to make everything old new again.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
As much as I want the original cast of Saber Marionette to return, I feel that the chance of getting all of it back is astronomical. Who knows what happened to the seiyuu of origin nearly 20 years after SM's airing?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3