• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bocchi The Rock! Manga Tops 2 Million in Circulation After Reprints

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Really hope we get a S2 or a movie in the future.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Really hope we get a S2 or a movie in the future.

In terms of manga chapters, there is enough chapters for a season 2 and even a season 3
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:10 pm Reply with quote
The second season of My Dress-Up Darling was already confirmed and it has roughly the same production team under Shota Umehara's name. So I do not see a second season of generic rainbow colored hair rock girl happening soon.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:12 pm Reply with quote
If we get more seasons, I hope they're done by the same brilliant staff.

Is the manga at all similar to the anime, in the wild and wonderful stylistic excursions the latter took?
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:58 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
generic rainbow colored hair rock girl

Bocchi The Rock is nothing about generic. If anything, Bocchi The Rock is one of the most unique experimental anime using various technique of animation and stylization.
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:37 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
The second season of My Dress-Up Darling was already confirmed and it has roughly the same production team under Shota Umehara's name. So I do not see a second season of generic rainbow colored hair rock girl happening soon.

If Bocchi is generic then Dress-Up Darling isn't any less generic as far as romcoms go.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:55 am Reply with quote
dm wrote:
Is the manga at all similar to the anime, in the wild and wonderful stylistic excursions the latter took?
If we talk about the wild animation segments - then no, that's mostly pure imagination of staff directed by Saitou that made to expand the scenes, considering it's Kirara 4-koma after all.

Emotional expressions of Bocchi and humor are still there though, even with anime made it more striking.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:14 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

Spoken like a man who hasn't seen Bocchi the Rock. I would know because I too haven't seen Bocchi the Rock.

That said, I, as a fan waiting for season 2 of Dress Up Darling, would like to watch Bocchi, but I've got so much on my schedule, like Dennoh Coil, Kaiba, Jahy, Adventure Time, and the two seasonals in Iruma-kun and MHA (both in dub).
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:01 am Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

Spoken like a man who hasn't seen Bocchi the Rock. I would know because I too haven't seen Bocchi the Rock.

That said, I, as a fan waiting for season 2 of Dress Up Darling, would like to watch Bocchi, but I've got so much on my schedule, like Dennoh Coil, Kaiba, Jahy, Adventure Time, and the two seasonals in Iruma-kun and MHA (both in dub).

Will, I can’t fault you for your priorities, but you might consider bumping Bocchi up in the queue a bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1