• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Christina Ricci to Star in Warner Bros. Pictures' and Village Roadshow Pictures' ''Speed Racer''

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote
Funny that there's no domain yet, and the url leads to a Youtube interview.
Ricci's a little old and unenthusiastic for the role. I like her as an actress, but she keeps getting the wrong parts. I don't think she even knows what the hell the show's about, or she'd realize that Trixie sits on the sidelines. (She would have been perfect for the female lead V for Vendetta, though. But they cast Portman, cus they needed to sell the film.) I also didn't like her in Sleepy Hollow, but the blame for that debacle goes to Burton. Anyway, the part should have gone to Michelle Trachtenberg.

Oh, and Emile's comments are here. I seriously hope this doesn't turn into another Inspector Gadget or Garfield. But it is Friday the 13th, so I guess it's appropriate. Rolling Eyes
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote
Emile is a little less so, but both he and Ricci (in their interviews) seems more like "I love the people who are producing this movie, so I'm glad to be in it for that, yay" I'm not saying I'm a huge FAN of Speed Racer or planned to see this movie even when it was simply announced, but yeah, it definitely doesn't really sound like either of them really know much about the characters.
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Ricci's a little old and unenthusiastic for the role. I like her as an actress, but she keeps getting the wrong parts.

I don't know about that, did you see Black Snake Moan? She was amazing in that.

GATSU wrote:
I seriously hope this doesn't turn into another Inspector Gadget or Garfield. But it is Friday the 13th, so I guess it's appropriate. Rolling Eyes

It will, though. How could it not?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
it definitely doesn't really sound like either of them really know much about the characters.

So what? They don't have to be fans of the show to play the characters. Besides which we're not talking about deep tapestries of complex human emotion. It's Speed Racer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1