• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4750G

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote
I can't find a thread about Fairy Tail manga, and I told myself not to comment on the Fairy Tail anime thread because I might spoil something important, but I really want to talk about Fairy Tail after reading the latest episode, thus the post.

The latest chapter was, for lack of a better word, saddening. The setting is spoiler[7 years after Acnologia destroyed the Tenrou Island was destroyed]. I did not guess at all that the small kid at the end of the previous chapter would bespoiler[ Macao's son Romeo]. I was really saddened when one of the characters said that spoiler[that kid hasn't smiled once after the incident 7 years ago]. Add to it those crazy dudes that came barging into the guild. Apparently spoiler[they're the new Fairy Tail, a thriving guild filled with strong members and getting all the god jobs, in stark contrast to what Fairy Tail has become after the Tenrou Island incident]. Macao's spoiler[serving as the fourth master but what is he a master of, really?] The remaining Fairy Tail guild members have all changed, and all of them are just...sad. That's why I'm psyched by the Blue Pegasus' report, spoiler[that Tenrou Island still exists]. I can't wait to see the guys back in action and beating up the members of the snobby new guild.

So in conclusion, mixed emotions for the latest chapter, enough to inspire me to start a thread. New chapters can't come out fast enough!
detectiveai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah...I was so sad when reading the latest chapter. For all the comparing that One Piece and Fairy Tail fans do to both series, I think the two do share the ability to be completely heartbreaking at times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1