• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
It looks like this starts airing next week, so I wonder if this will be one of the Anime Network's fall simulcasts. I will have to check out the streams.
OniTasku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
>Digital release in October

Why are you even trying to do this Sentai? Digital distribution has failed again and again for most services, so I don't expect this to fair well either.

I'll watch a couple of episodes before decided if I'm interested. Interesting choice.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I took "digital release" to mean they would be simulcasting it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Yes, not to mention digital distribution is primarily a supplement to home video. Plus, it takes much longer to prep a product for home video release, hence why it won't be available till next year.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday it licensed the Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! television anime series, under the name Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls!

Considering Sentai has already released a completely unrelated series called Samurai Girls, you'd think they would have used a bit more imagination.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Quote:
Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday it licensed the Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! television anime series, under the name Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls!

Considering Sentai has already released a completely unrelated series called Samurai Girls, you'd think they would have used a bit more imagination.

The Japanese generally have final say on the title. Even if they wanted to use something else, they probably wouldn't have been allowed it. (See Demon King Daimao)
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I just wish that it would have a School Days ending. Anime needs more School Days endings.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
You know, I read some of this manga, and I already imagined Sentai doing this.

I scare myself sometimes.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I just wish that it would have a School Days ending. Anime needs more School Days endings.

This!

Plus School Days needs to be licensed badly especially with JAST USA releasing the game here next year.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

This!

Plus School Days needs to be licensed badly especially with JAST USA releasing the game here next year.

Yes, it definitely needs a release here. Plus, it definitely seems like the type of show Sentai would nab.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Why would they license this before getting Kimiaru? I have to think that the two are closely linked?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Why would they license this before getting Kimiaru? I have to think that the two are closely linked?

Because this show hasn't aired yet, and it's likely to be a simulcast. It doesn't mean they won't ever pick up Kimiaru.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

That's because this, Tsuyokiss ~Cool x Sweet~ and Kimi Aru share characters throughout the 3 visual novels, so yes they are linked to some extent. I would also add Baldr Sky DiveX ~Dream World~, but I doubt many people have heard of this visual novel title.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Quote:

Sentai should only put as much effort into the name as the original creators put into the show. Looks like they did just that. Laughing Laughing
RandyW88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I guess haters gonna hate since samurai girls been rank in the Top 10-15 on amazon and right stuff for weeks now, I knew Sekerei selling out will trigger this, and reason Funimation & Sentai filmworks been licensing a lots of Ecchi of late, oh I just saw Queen blade 2 back in the top 15 before it release day.... oh they licenses infinite startos also
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2