• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: OutKast Video Director to Pitch Gigantor/Tetsujin 28 Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 am Reply with quote
(OutKast... havn't heard about them in a while. Wonder what they've been up to lately Anime smile ...)

Anyways~

Seems like a strange choice for him... wonder why he decided to go with that of all things.
Well not why, since it says he grew up watching it. But rather why now.
Dunno' if it'd be my cup of tea but hey, all power to em'. Hope it goes well for him.

Though I get the feeling that it'll probably just end up like something between the 2009 Astroboy, and The Iron Giant...
DJcream

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 am Reply with quote
OutKast artists Big Boi and Andre 3000 split up after the release of their Idlewild album to pursue individual music careers since their personal style and sound started to conflict with each other (this was most notable in their Speakerboxx/Love Below double-CD album).

Big Boi eventually released a solo album, however I forgot the exact name of the title. The big single off that album was called "Shutterbug," which did really well overseas and American hip hop radio stations. Andre 3000 was mainly featured as a cameo in a number of music videos (mostly to UGK).

Recently, I remember hearing how Andre and Big Boi are back together once more as OutKast and will be making an album coming out some time next year.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote
Too soon to pass judgment, especially when we don't even know if the film will get made. Maybe he can be the first to make an anime based movie that doesn't suck, maybe it'll stink like all the rest. But for now I'm not gonna give it much more thought until I actually see a trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say they split up, but rather "went on hiatus." LA Ried took them (because as a group they were still under Jive/LaFace) to Epic Records with him when he went BACK to Sony. In all the Dungeon Family related interviews of late, everyone pretty much resounds that it's up to Dre and that he generally has to be motived. Apparently he's getting there because he's been doing more features as of late. Still, congrats to Brian B.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1