• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Band of Brothers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote
For me: The lovely complex pic won't load fully, and the Miscellaneous is cut off near the top of the word.

I was hoping Hell Girl got deeper. I may need to finish picking that up.

as for the collection, i am so jealous of the ccs dvds. Sad
The Eiken and last poster bottom right look scary Sad Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quote
It all loaded fine for me. That Lovely Complex cover though is about as amazingly 80's as you could get. The color scheme, the clothes, the hair; it all screams 80's to me.

Can't remember the last time I saw a Shelf Life that didn't have a single Shelf Worthy title in it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mmsven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote
Derek really likes his loli and ecchi... if I had those posters, I wouldn't have them on my wall. Showing them to people would be out of the question. That won't be a problem for me though cause I hate that type of stuff.
Kouga13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:07 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

as for the collection, i am so jealous of the ccs dvds...last poster bottom right look scary

Seconded; are those Shion, Mion? If so I hope that's not official art.....
daedelus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote
Those are some respectable shelves with lots of room to expand one's collection. I really like those posters. They make me think of pencil board images, only larger.
Riza|Hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quote
i see a sailor moon movie boxset

do you know how rare, valuable and incredibly expensive they are????
wow... i so want it!!!
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:22 am Reply with quote
I watched episode 1 of Black Blood Brothers on IGN. The thing that killed it for me was the awkwardly placed comedic scenes. They felt out out of place and they weren't funny. But when the show was just drama I felt it was being TOO dramatic. This one's a no go for me.
driverstart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quote
In response to the DVDs, I like none of them, but I am thinking of getting the Hell Girls series if it ever gets on Box Set.

As for the pictures of the room, that's quite a lot of anime. Man, I would love to have those Carcaptor Sakura and Tenchi in Tokoyo DVDs. As for those posters, you couldn't paid to put that stuff up in my room. There is no place for them and my parents would go crazy if I had the stuff up. Another note, I look had how many books that person had and I laugh. I have way more books then person, but he easily beats me in the amount of anime I have.
Raelanura

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quote
Kouga13 wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

as for the collection, i am so jealous of the ccs dvds...last poster bottom right look scary

Seconded; are those Shion, Mion? If so I hope that's not official art.....

Yes, that is Shion and Mion, and yes, it is an official promo poster; they all are. Smile
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quote
For the Shelf-obessed photos: Please corrct me if I'm wrong- Ikea 'Billy' type shelves in beech veneer, correct?

I've spent a fair amount of time looking at Ikea product recently to re-vamp my shelving, so those look familiar. Razz

(I got a Besta shelf for my DVDs- limited space means going for deeper shelving. I did get some Billy ones for manga tho'. Laughing )
Raelanura

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:23 am Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
For the Shelf-obessed photos: Please corrct me if I'm wrong- Ikea 'Billy' type shelves in beech veneer, correct?

I've spent a fair amount of time looking at Ikea product recently to re-vamp my shelving, so those look familiar. Razz

(I got a Besta shelf for my DVDs- limited space means going for deeper shelving. I did get some Billy ones for manga tho'. Laughing )

Well, no. They are beech, but they came from Argos. "Anime smile
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
For me: The lovely complex pic won't load fully, and the Miscellaneous is cut off near the top of the word.

I've got that too. When I first loaded the page it wasn't there (i.e. I could see the whole picture), but after reading down and scrolling up it was cut off. Looks like some sort of ghost frame that doesn't affect the text.
Necrontry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:

The Billy shelves are deeper than those. usually allows for 2 rows of dvds without overhang.

I use Billy shelves and they're not bad, but there are too few shelves to get correct DVD spacing.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Derek Izatt does indeed have a broad range of stuff, some of which he's had to import.
This is the first UK based collection I've seen that features Cool Devices in it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heretic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quote
That's the coolest collecton of posters I've seen in a long time. Please do not mention Billy bookcases. I had to deal with quite a few of them being returned today half-completed and sliding off carts. Sad

Though I am using one to house some of my manga...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2