• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can you help me identify this character?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cman1211

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I need help on finding out what anime this character comes from. I believe his name is Santa, unless that's a nickname.

Please ignore the name along the left side, that has nothing to do with the character. Thanks!
himiko-chan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote
There's a Santa in "Kaikan Phrase".
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:06 pm Reply with quote
himiko-chan wrote:

Anime hyper I didn't recognize him in color.
HeeroYuy135

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:13 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
himiko-chan wrote:

Anime hyper I didn't recognize him in color.

Me too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
himiko-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quote
[quote="littlegreenwolf]
Anime hyper I didn't recognize him in color.[/quote]

Smile
Coincidentally, I had just started watching the anime of Kaikan Phrase yesterday, but I still wasn't sure it was him because he never wears anything except that stupid hooded shirt until around ep. 19 or so (which I finally got to today), then comes the outfit that's in this photo.

BTW, the fansubs I was watching only went up as far as episode 24 and spoiler[Yuka's departure]. [EDIT - Snip -C]

I have to say I was really really enjoying the story of all the obstacles the band encountered along the way before they spoiler[ got their record contract. ] But it began to feel less real to me when spoiler[Aine came into the picture. It felt like it changed from a very real grown-up story (because I've known lots of bands, at various levels of success) to something that was being written specifically for an audience of teenage girls who would identify with her. Or, maybe, it felt like it became her story and all the great characters we came to know in the band in the earlier episodes were now becoming just side characters in her story. Plus, I'm having a hard time swallowing Sakuya's instant connection to her when he thus far has made a career of pushing people away from himself.]

Anyway, if you guys are used to seeing Santa in b&w, you must've read the manga---can someone fill me in on where the story goes next? Thanks!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quote
himiko-chan wrote:
Coincidentally, I had just started watching the anime of Kaikan Phrase yesterday, but I still wasn't sure it was him because he never wears anything except that stupid hooded shirt until around ep. 19 or so (which I finally got to today), then comes the outfit that's in this photo.

Shocked OMG?! There's an anime?! I just got into the manga last month, but... woah! An anime!! *goes to find it*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1