• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AnimEigo Updates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:03 pm Reply with quote
$41 for all of KOR, $87 for UY. That is a dang good deal. I was gonna get the KOR dvd boxset, but hey cheap is cheap.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:04 am Reply with quote
Man, that's a stellar deal.

Always count on Animeigo. They've been my favorite company for a while. Pioneer a close second.
AnimeHeretic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote
Be aware that at $3.49, they're probably overpriced in terms of quality. In my experience, they used the cheapest quality tapes and they were the fastest to deteriorate. My tapes arrived rattling and seeming ready to fall apart (I bought all of Urusei Yatsura on VHS before they decided to switch to DVD, sigh...)

I'd be more enthusiastic if their Samurai Cinema tapes were for the same price, but those are $9.98, which didn't get mentioned in the news article.
Otakuboy T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:22 am Reply with quote
I wish they still sold the Super Defomed Double Feature. I so want to see that.

Also, WHAT SHOWS AREN'T ON DVD?

I may pick up OMG and BGC VHS for nostalgia sake. That why I bought YUA on VHS at ACen a few years ago (for one thing they were $5.00 each). Those three, Streamline Video's Nadia and Lodross War (as well as few other) I want to get on VHS for old times sake.

*old man* In my day it was one episode per tape! We weren't lucky enough to even have LD players! I had to drive 45 miles to rent anime!
AnimeHeretic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:10 am Reply with quote
Otakuboy T wrote:

I don't remember-- which one was that?

Quote:
*old man* In my day it was one episode per tape! We weren't lucky enough to even have LD players! I had to drive 45 miles to rent anime!

I was too poor for a LD player. Anime was hard to find, so I got all mine mail order, via fax, not on line. Now hand me my walker and my hearing aid sonny so I can find my false teeth Wink
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:38 am Reply with quote
AnimeHeretic wrote:
Otakuboy T wrote:

I don't remember-- which one was that?

The one with Scramble Wars and Ten Little Gall Force, comedies using characters from Gall Force, Bubblegum Crisis, and Genesis Survivor Gaiarth. Here's a review.

I bought a LD player, but it was in 1997, just as they were going out of style, though I was happy to get Oh My Goddess! on LD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeHeretic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:21 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
The one with Scramble Wars and Ten Little Gall Force, comedies using characters from Gall Force, Bubblegum Crisis, and Genesis Survivor Gaiarth. Here's a review.

Oh, yeah, Scramble Wars... I forgot that one existed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1