• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Alteil America's First New Card Pack Release, Entitled "Angels -- The Second Coming",

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Anyone on the ball with this game? Question
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I play it, and I think I'm pretty good. There are four different EX packs- one for each color in the game. They contain three cards each- an existing but powerful card, the titular Angel, and a new card with re-used artwork. (Which is lame, IMHO, but whatever.) Looking over the cards briefly, the main objective here seems to be to break the hold Killing Machine LaBeau currently has on the metagame. Without going into the game rules, LaBeau essentially makes a single character invincible, allowing the player to bring his opponent's offense to a complete stop. He can misfire in a few ways, or your opponent has options to get around him, so it's not like, say... the big hoopla over Justice League of Arkham in VS. System way back when. Still, he's really been twisting the metagame and gotten a lot of people rankled, so options for taking his edge off are appreciated.

The price on the cards is $4.00 for a pack, which isn't terribly bad given that you'll be getting exactly the cards you want- but a complete playset of the cards is 3 packs of each of the four colors, which comes to $48.00- not so great, especially if you're trying to make it without paying. I'm a serious skinflint, so I'll probably be waiting a bit and seeing what the community decides re: whether or not the cards are useful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1