• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Good Witch of the West GN 1-2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote
Bought the first two volumes up at Boekenfestijn a while back. I enjoyed those a lot, but a quick google search taught me that I was probably the only person on the planet with some interest in the series (novel, manga or anime). With fear of my own life I even checked Fanfiction.net and discovered Tetris has more fics than the Good Witch of the West series (60 vs 0). Weird...
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote
Tell me about it. I can't even get a category for my Black Jack fic. >.>

Oh, BTW,
Reviewer wrote:
he has trouble doing this good of a story justice
superfluous 'of' there.

*~Pips~*
Hikari06

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:35 am Reply with quote
Sweet! Another excellent looking fantasy series to add to my collection. Very Happy As an avid fan of Wicked (the novel and the musical), my interest was piqued when I saw the title. Even though it seems to have nothing to do do with the Wizard of Oz, it's good to see that it's a quality story. Hopefully, someday, the novels this series is based on will be published here in North America.
LKK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote
Like the review said, I found The Good Witch manga to be a highly compelling story although the artwork isn't up to quality of the story. The original novels I've read (2 volumes also released by Tokyopop) are can't put down page turners. One of my biggest disappointments about Tokyopop's restructuring is that the manga is among the delayed manga with only 1 or 2 more volumes to completion and the novel series appears to be cancelled. Despite this, I highly recommend The Good Witch (manga and novel) to anyone wanting to read a fairy tale-type story that has strong political and philosophical overtones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1