• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saki Achiga-hen Mahjong TV Anime's 1st Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad that they kept Kobayashi-san's art style instead of that other person who made Bamboo blade in the anime adaptation.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
Well... I guess this will have to do until an official second series with the Nationals can be made. I don't really care about these characters all that much, but wasn't that clearly Teru along with her teammates in the promo? For those who may have read the manga, how much crossover is there between the original and this Achiga chapter? Anyway, it looks like it has the staff of the original TV anime behind it, so I'll be checking it out at least.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well... I guess this will have to do until an official second series with the Nationals can be made. I don't really care about these characters all that much, but wasn't that clearly Teru along with her teammates in the promo? For those who may have read the manga, how much crossover is there between the original and this Achiga chapter? Anyway, it looks like it has the staff of the original TV anime behind it, so I'll be checking it out at least.
It's the same continuity. The basic storyline, from what I can recall, is one of the girls was a teammate of Nodoka's and wants to meet her at Nationals, but the school she transferred to doesn't have a club, so she has to form one. As the promo suggests, the Nationals bracket doesn't shape up very favorably.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm expecting more of what made the original series so awesome (for me at least).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1