• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout Re-Release

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaznRoarn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Sucks for all those people who spent serious money on something collectable.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:10 pm Reply with quote
yeah really I got mine used for 10 bucks before it was OOP then when I saw the prices I ebayed it for 150!.

It isnt even that great of a game atleast not a 150 doller game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
wil2197

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Highly Acclaimed? For what? Sucking so much? I played the game so I don't know what the hell is so "Highly Acclaimed" about this game. Everyone I know hated it too.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Everyone is entitle to your own opinion.
But I guess that doesn't stop people from being idiots, thnking they know everything.
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:02 pm Reply with quote
No, really; Final Bout is widely considered to be one of the worst video games ever made. Even if you can manage to look past the insulting character selection (six Goku, three Trunks), the almost non-existant background stages, the awful load times, one of the most non-responsive control systems ever put together in a video game (yes, far worse than the first Mortal Kombat on SNES)...

You're left with some decent music and "good" character models, at best. That's it. Speaking of the music, we're going to have a contest to win the game's OST in the next day or so over on Daizenshuu EX ^^ </shameless>
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Final Bout is terrible and one of the worst DB-related games ever. From my personal experience playing it, the controls are clunky, the graphics emberassing bad, and the hit-detection basically non-existant. The only thing it's got going for it is a cool opening theme ("The Biggest Fight" by Hironobu Kageyama) coupled with a snazzy opening sequence animated exclusively for the game. But in terms of the game itself, couldn't hold a candle to any of the SNES DBZ games.

It is, however, extremely rare and sought-after (the original domestic version from Bandai years ago)... for whatever reason.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote
It isn't "highly acclaimed" becuase it's good, it's that way because for many years it was the only Dragonball game released in the US, and of all things it was a GT game, not Z. If it had been released with other DB games it would have probably been laughed out of existance, but this was it and rabid fans wanted it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zeroligerx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:52 pm Reply with quote
my question why they waited this long to reprint it and alot of DBZ fans boys who wanted to play this will be very very dissappointed
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Since it includes characters from DBGT, it makes sense to re-release the game after American fans have become familiar with these characters and transformations (from the domestic release of DBGT on DVD and on television).
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Emerje, most of the game sites and magazines gave a pretty low rating (EGM gave it a 6.5, but that was then of course.) I can see why it is a limited re-re-release (First copy, PS Greatest Hit (*LOL*), and the now this copy.) Atleast the release of it will drop the prices (like that $450 one on Amozan.) to something that alittle over the cost of a PS 2 game, but still that is sad state for a very sad game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
demon_kinsin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Question? How much are they reducing the price? Because i want to get it as a collectible.
erith81

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:02 pm Reply with quote
The re-release doesn't hurt the collectors, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai did that about 2 years ago. As soon as there was another Dragonball game on the market, DBGT Final Bout dropped DRASTICALLY in price. And while I will NEVER defend the quality of this game, those who say its the worst are truly mistaken. This game had one redeeming quality for its fans: Dragonball characters in a fighting game. Definitely, Iron and Blood is a worse fighting game (also PSX) because it used the same fighting engine and didn't have well-known characters. Or for gamers around since the days of the Genesis, you might remember the horrible game Shaq-Fu. Yea, I said it. Worst game ever.
Sam.:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:31 pm Reply with quote
demon_kinsin wrote:
Question? How much are they reducing the price? Because i want to get it as a collectible.

It's real cheap! EBGames is listing it's price at $14.99 USD.
Needless to say but their will be No English dub on the Final Bout reprint.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
demon_kinsin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Do you need anything special to play it?
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Emerje: It wasn't the only Dragonball game released in the U.S. at the time. It just was the only official Dragonball game. There was one for Nintendo which was changed to Dragon Power, and which had Goku's head shaved...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3