• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lupin movies

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:46 am Reply with quote
Is the Lupin movie Dark Order of Assassination the same as Dead or Alive?

I believe they're different films, but I'd like to be certain before adding it to the database.

Dark Order of Assassination is where Lupin steals an advanced submarine and there's a lot of emphasis placed on the relationship between Jigen Daisuke and this Russian scientist.

Also, should Castle of Cagliostro be related to the other Lupin movies and series? I mean, it's most definitely a Lupin film...
Neilworms

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:32 am Reply with quote
nope, Dead or Alive was when Monkey Punch got fed up with the lously quality the previous several Lupin films were and decided to direct one himself. It was a theatrical release and had to do with lupin on an island nation trying to find a treasure, and being drug into a revoloution that was going on on the island.

I am pretty sure they are different movies, particularly since their were no russians even mentioned in DoA.
Mistara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:11 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I looked into it and it turns out the Dark Order of Assassination isn't even a movie, but an ova. Thanks though ^_^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1