News Makoto Shinkai's New Hoshi o Ou Kodomo Film Gets Manga
posted on 2011-02-10 21:13 EST
Manga adaptations of Hoshi o Ou Kodomo: Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below, the latest work by Makoto Shinkai (Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, 5 Centimeters Per Second), will run in both Monthly Comic Gene and Monthly Comic Flapper magazines this April.
The film centers on Asuna, a girl who spends her solitary days listening to the mysterious music emanating from the crystal radio she received from her father as a memento. However, she embarks on a journey of adventure to meet a boy again, and thus comes to know the cruelty and beauty of the world, as well as loss.
The publisher Media Factory is launching its new Monthly Comic Gene magazine in April, which is one month before the planned opening for the Hoshi o Ou Kodomo film. In a series of five announcements, Media Factory revealed that the following titles will be in the new magazine's lineup.
- Original new work by Minari Endo
- Maria Holic spinoff by Minari Endo
- Brave10 by Kairi Shimotsuki
- Black Bard by Ichiya Sazanami
- Zannen, Koko wa Sekai no Uragawa Desu by Aoharu
- Tenka! by Katsuki Kazuya
- Eve and Servamps (tentative title) by TanakaStrike
- Kyokō no Ō by Kairi Fujiyama
- Dokusai Grimoire by Ayumi Kanou
- Zenin Chū-2-Byō Gakuen by Megane Kikuya
- Cardmaster by Gin Tokiwa, Hana Yakou
- Kamusari by Todoku Hashimoto
- Antimagia by Kyu Aiya
- Lucky Dog 1 by Uzu8, Tennenouji
- Ore-n-ke no Furo Jijō by Itokichi
- Ryū wa Ōgon no Yume o Miru by Akira Himekawa
- Toilet no Hanatarō by Shinobu Minazuki
- Hoshi o Ou Kodomo: Children Who Chase Lost Voices
Image © Makoto Shinkai/CMMMY