Fairy Tail Stage Play's Additional Cast Revealed
posted on by Jabulani Blyden
The new cast includes:
- Atsushi Shiramata (Hakuōki musical, Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi stage play) as Gray Fullbuster
- Naoya Goumoto (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!'s Zakuro, Yowamushi Pedal stage play) as Brain/Zero
- Yamato Furuya as Midnight
- Ikkei Yamamoto (Fushigi Yuugi stage play) as Cobra
- Kento Ono as Hibiki Lates
- Ren Ozawa (Daiya no A The LIVE stage play) as Lyon Bastia
- Hirofumi Araki (Live-action Prince of Tennis' Sadaharu Inui, The Prince of Tennis II's Hikaru Zaizen) as Jellal Fernandes
The play's staff had already revealed that Shuuto Miyazaki, a member of male actor group D-BOYS, will play the protagonist Natsu Dragneel.
The staff will reveal additional cast members at a later date. The play will run at the Sunshine Theatre in Ikebukuro, Tokyo from April 30 to May 9, and it will be the first time the manga is being adapted into a stage play.
Akiko Kodama (Live Spectacle Naruto stage play director) will direct the production and pen the script.
Mashima's original manga follows the adventures of the world's most notorious mage guild, Fairy Tail. The manga has also inspired two television anime, several previous original video anime projects, and several spinoff manga. The franchise's first anime film, Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess, opened in Japan in August 2012.
Kodansha released the manga's 53rd compiled book volume in Japan on Friday. Del Rey published the first 12 volumes of the original manga in North America, and Kodansha Comics resumed publishing the manga in English with the 13th volume in 2011. Kodansha Comics published the manga's 51st volume in December. Crunchyroll streamed the first anime series and is streaming the ongoing second television anime into several countries as it airs in Japan, and it is also releasing new chapters online as they are published in Japan. Funimation is releasing both anime series in DVD/Blu-ray Disc sets.
Source: Comic Natalie