Kiznaiver TV Anime's 3rd Character Ad Introduces Nico Niyama, Yoshiharu Hisomu
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for Studio Trigger's Kiznaiver television anime series began streaming the third character commercial on Sunday. The commercial introduces the characters Nico Niyama and Yoshiharu Hisomu. (Note: The linked video is region-locked to Japan.)
The anime's setting is a fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City, which is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. One day, Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.
The keyword for the series is "kizuna" (connection). The title itself is a play on "kizuna" and "naive."
The anime's cast includes:
- Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan's Eren Jaeger) as Katsuhira Agata
- Hibiku Yamamura (Seraph of the End's Asuramaru) as Noriko Sonozaki
- Yuka Terasaki (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans' Kudelia) as Chidori Takashiro
- Tomoaki Maeno (Yowamushi Pedal's Juichi Fukutomi) as Hajime Tenga
- Misaki Kuno (Durarara!!×2's Akane Awakusu) as Nico Niyama
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club's Haruka Nanase) as Tsuguhito Yuta
- Rina Satou (Sailor Moon Crystal's Sailor Mars) as Honoka Maki
- Kōtarō Nishiyama (Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!'s Atsushi Kinugawa) as Yoshiharu Hisomu
Studio Trigger and Mari Okada are credited with the show's original work. Hiroshi Kobayashi (Rage of Bahamut Genesis assistant director, Kill la Kill episode director) will make his directorial debut with the anime at Studio Trigger, and Mari Okada (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, anohana, The Anthem of the Heart) is both writing and overseeing the scripts. Shirow Miwa (Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, supercell illustrator) is drawing the original character designs, while Mai Yoneyama (Japan Animator Expo "Hill Climb Girl," Kill la Kill animation director) is adapting those character designs for animation. Yuuki Hayashi (Haikyu!!, Robotics;Notes, Death Parade) is composing the show's music.
The series will premiere on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, and BS11 on April 9 at 11:30 p.m. The series will also air on TV Aichi and ABC Asahi Broadcasting, and it will also stream on Niconico on Sundays at 10 p.m.
Crunchyroll will stream the series starring on April 9 at 11:30 a.m. EDT.
Thanks to Dennis R for the embedded video.