XFlag, Tatsunoko's Pandora to Akubi Crossover Anime Film Previewed in New Trailer
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The film will open at the EJ Anime Theater Shinjuku in Tokyo on April 5, and will then open in four other theaters in Japan on April 12.
- Yuko Kaida as Louise (Doronjo)
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Gō Mifune (Speed Racer)
- Masuo Amada as Braiking Boss
The cast for the second half of the film, subtitled "Shōryō to Kaijū no Machi" (The Town of Spirits and Monsters), includes:
The overall story of the film is that Pandora and Akubi are crossing dimensions to collect the "fragments of disaster," which have the power to destroy worlds. The first half of the film takes place in the setting of an American Western (first visual below), and the second half of the film takes place on a snowy mountain where mysterious spirits exist (second visual below).
The staff includes:
- Original Work: XFlag, Tatsunoko Productions
- Director: Jun Soga
- Character Designer, Chief Animation Director: Keisuke Ōkura
- Art Director: Yūsuke Takeda
- Art Setting: Satoshi Takabatake, Seiki Tamura
- Director of Photography: Shinichi Igarashi
- Color Design: Yuko Kobari
- Editing: Tomoki Nagasaka
- Music: Takahiro Obata
- Music Production: TMS Music
- Sound Director: Ryō Tanaka
- Sound Production: Sonilude
- Animation Production: Bakken Record
- Distribution: Kadokawa Animation
- Production: XFlag
The character Akubi (the character on the left in the image above) originates from the 1969 Hakushon Daimaō (The Genie Family) anime, where the Akubi-chan ("Ya-ahn" in Tatsunoko's official English descriptions) character appears as the daughter of the titular genie character Hakushon ("Hasshoo"). Meanwhile, Pandora (character on the right) is a "girl of wishes" from the Monster Strike smartphone game.
XFLAG and Tatsunoko Production describe the anime as "battle entertainment for girls." The band Shiggy Jr. will perform both the anime's opening theme song "D.A.Y.S." and the ending theme song "B.U.R.N."