• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Introducing "Uniqlo Presents: We Love Anime"

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
williamflipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
Interesting!! I hope for more of those screening in London
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
London gets plenty of screenings what with the Barbican and the BFI and the MCM Expo etc. The last time I saw anime on the big screen outside of a nationwide rollout (like Ghibli of GiTS) I had to take a coach to Swansea (and then call for a lift home since it turned out to be a double screening and the second film ended after the last coach...)

I'm still hoping for a a venue somewhere in Wales - they said they were looking into it. Annoyingly we had some anime screenings just down the road from me last year but it wasn't well advertised - I only found out on the Saturday when the last Ponyo screening was was half over and I don't have time on a Sunday so I missed out on Summer Wars too Sad

Anyway, keep an eye on http://twitter.com/we_loveanime and let them know where you are if there's no events near you - you never know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't drive to another town for this. Well, maybe to Bristol since that'd be M4 all the way... but even so probabilities are low. But of course, there's nothing in Bristol either. Birmingham is the closest one, and it's about 90 minutes - same distance as Portsmouth. And between driving to cinema or Portsmouth I'd rather pick the later.
I'm quite sure the Cineworld near home would pick it. They're always picking weird stuff - which is why I'm now going to Empire instead.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I have the benefit of being able to attend my local screening at a whim. Redline is of mild interest to me, less so the remainder of the films.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Bristol and Swansea are about as far as I would go, and that's providing I have money for the train and aren't working that day. Even locally it would have to fall on a day off since I work most evenings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1