• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I;m kind of surprised Tiger and Bunny got such a high score but I agree it was pretty awesome. I can totally imagine a dub for this. Very Happy
ayashe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I've been waiting for this, I love the preview guide!
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I agree with that review. I really did love the characters. The product placement in the opening was interesting, as well as in the episode in terms of the SoftBank logo on a uniform.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
So Tiger & Bunny is pretty much Booster Gold: The Anime? Okay, cool!
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow, new season already arrived. With all the unfortunate recent events and chain of delays it really feels out of place.
Iritscen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote
When I saw that the only preview in the Guide so far was by Zac, I expected one of his famous troll reviews where he picks an awful show and gives it a rating of -1/5 or "smiley shooting itself". This was unexpected. If it can win the approval of a jaded anime fan like Zac, it must be worth checking out.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Zac just gave something a five, holy crap Zac just gave something a five! I know I know it happens, but it caught me totally off guard there. Guess that means I need to check out Tiger and Bunny now, although I didn't really like the CGI from the trailers....
swienke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Woaaaahhhh, the first new anime of the season and it gets a five from Zac right off the bat?!

It must be a sign of the impending apocalypse. Shocked Laughing

Seriously though, I really wasn't planning on watching Tiger and Bunny, but I suppose I'll have to check it out now. I was kind of concerned that it would be absolutely dreadful when I first heard of the premise (and the advertising it contains), but I'm always up for having my expectations positively subverted. Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Well if Zac gave this series a five, it must be either exceptionally excellent or must have a truly original and thought provoking plot. Normally, if Zac gave any series a five, I'd give it a one episode try. But this series doesn't really catch my interest as well.

But wow, Spring 2011 has already started. And that means Toriko is about to premire as well. Now that is a show I can't wait to watch. Probably be the first time in ages that I will be watching two series that are brand new in the same year.

But for those interested in the series, if Zac gave it a five, it must be exceptional. This is very, very rare and caught completely off guard. I was half expecting a comedy gold review but it looks like I was wrong.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
So, one anime is coming out next season? This'l be a great time to catch up on old anime! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
So........Zac actually liked something on first go? This is a breakthrough moment in ANN history. Looks like I can add something to my list alongside Nichijou.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Aw snap, son. Preview guide time. Time for some opinions.

I gasped slightly when I saw Zac had the first review for Tiger and Bunny then my eyes bugged out at the 5. Welp, time for some legal streaming.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Other series to which Zac has given 5s for the first episode:
Level E
Puella Magica
(or more accurately, its visuals; he wasn't sure what to make of the plot)
Occult Academy
House of Five Leaves
Sengoku Basara

So it's far from unprecedented, folks.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Good review.. I agree, it did have good writing,. Can't wait to hear more positive reviews from you Zac lol Smile
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I would feel a whole lot better about Tiger and bunny if Sunrise had more than one series (My-Otome) that didn't have a crappy second half in the last 8 years.

Last edited by Charred Knight on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 47