• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spring 2011 - What's your most anticipated anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your most anticipated anime this season?
Happy Kappy - ?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nichijou - Everyday Life - Kyoto Animation
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Sket Dance - Tatsunoko Production
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
C - Tatsunoko Production
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Gintama' - Sunrise
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Deadman Wonderland - Manglobe
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Denpa Onna - Shaft
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Steins;Gate - White Fox
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Azazel-san - I.G
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Moshidora - I.G
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Kaiji 2 - Madhouse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Blue Exorcist - A-1
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Toriko - Toei
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tiger & Bunny - Sunrise
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
The World God Only Knows 2 - Manglobe
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Hanasaku Iroha - P.A. Works
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maria Holic Alive - Shaft
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Aria the Scarlet Ammo - J.C.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Oretachi - OreTsuba - Studio Nomad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
X-Men - Madhouse
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
A bit late, but I was waiting for ANN or someone else to create this poll.

First I'll explain why I won't explain why I'm not voting for Gintam' despite wanting to.
While it's exactly what the poll is asking for, I don't think it's fair to pick a brilliant series with 200 episodes out there to prove itself over something new which will be much shorter.

Oww. My back. That took longer than expected and I had to skip some useless titles.

And looks like I had to delete a few for the sake of getting the poll through. Limited to 20.

Either way, mine is Steins;Gate. A lot of great stuff, which is why I'll pick the one closer to my tastes. Psychological, dark, beautiful girls, unique characters, and perhaps even science fiction. What else could I ask for?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Am I missing AnoHana / Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai ?

A slice of life drama from noitaminA? yes please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
"If you wanna complain, complain to whoever limited the poll options!" Says egoist while egoist proudly believes that he thought of the perfect scapegoat.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Too bad polls don't come with multiple choice options, but anyone who knows me should know what I picked.

If you don't know what I picked... Anime cry

Truth be told: this listing seems pretty strong, based on what I've see in review so far.
damien007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Well there are plenty of shows i have high hopes for. However that being said I'm going to have to take the safe bet and go with Maria Holic, one of my favourite comedies from A several seasons back. Deadman wonderland and blue exorcist could also be potentially good, at-least with shounen series i can expect a basic minimum level of quality. The cute-girls-doing-cute-things shows could possibly be good but I'm not holding my breath. I loved azumanga-daioh, somewhat enjoyed lucky star and hated k-on, so I'm still not completely sold on those kind of shows.

Oh i almost forgot Stiens;gate that show could be amazing based on the first episode. But it could also go very bad very fast if handled improperly. With regards to tiger and bunny, It looks like it could be fun based on the premise but i think the first episode was overrated personally.
kimbeey13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
There are a good number of anime that I'm looking forward to in the spring season, but for the sake of picking one, I guess I will go with Sket Dance. I read a good portion of the manga and though it can get repetitive at times I enjoyed it and would like to see where they go with the anime. As for other shows I am looking forward to: Steins;Gate, Tiger and Bunny, Deadman Wonderland, Blue Exorcist, and C.
hikaru hasama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Blue exorcist sounds COOL. (Whats it about???) I dont know nothing about it. it sounds cool. (it does have to do with exorcists and exorcisms right? or is it some buzzkill that has a completely different story?)
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
hikaru hasama wrote:
Blue exorcist sounds COOL. (Whats it about???) I don't know nothing about it. it sounds cool. (it does have to do with exorcists and exorcisms right? or is it some buzzkill that has a completely different story?)

Bit late to the party, man. If you want to know what it's about, go search for it in the Encyclopaedia on the site.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1